"Is this already being discussed?" at the start of every new thread...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
WHY IS THAT QUESTION BEING POSED???

Does the staff want us to self limit subjects so there aren't too many threads on ribs ??? Or turkey.... or brisket....

Exactly WHY has that question been inserted... What is the point...

I don't expect a truthful reply... Seems liberal policies have found their way into our daily lives on this forum... Limit thoughts and freedom of expression... Maybe I want to talk about ribs... I love ribs... Why would you care if I discuss ribs one or six more times....

I haven't seen that really. I had some memes removed and some snarky comments when I call out 7 post trolls but nothing to make me butt hurt about admins or normal members. Not always gonna agree with everyone and admining is like herding cats. Was there a specific thread that someone said something or a pm?

PS
I see what you're talkin about. I don't know i just took it as a helpful hey is your info here deal? I thought it was kinda nice to see if something had already been posted. maybe you're projecting some bad feelings for admin or the group for something? It happens not piling on or trying to be a jerk. I run my mouth a lot but I just come back every time like a fresh start. Admin has been fair to me since I been here and I can be a snarky jerk who doesn't mind calling a spade a spade per se when I drink whisky lol.

all I have to say.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bigfurmn
Referring to what i posted.
"Why would you post that in the forum"
???

I think they are just trying to be helpful. I like to look at the alternatives to learn more, even when I elect to post when there is a thread close to what I am asking.

Reactions: negolien
I'm confused. What is the point of your thread Dave? Too many repetitive threads on the same thing? Or the politics? I'm not sure

Ryan

I'm confused. What is the point of your thread Dave? Too many repetitive threads on the same thing? Or the politics? I'm not sure

Ryan

I dunno, but I think what Dave is saying is that no matter how many times a subject has been hashed out, another post on the same topic should be welcomed. I may be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time, but that was my take on it.

I' am not a fan of this post honestly the last paragraph reeks of troll. What's the big deal? It seems like it's actually offering a helpful process to see if a question has been answered already so a person doesn't have to search thru stuff or wait for an answer. BTW the actual sentence is this

Is this already being discussed?​

Reactions: Nefarious

Does the staff want us to self limit subjects so there aren't too many threads on ribs ??? Or turkey.... or brisket....

I don't expect a truthful reply... Seems liberal policies have found their way into our daily lives on this forum... Limit thoughts and freedom of expression... Maybe I want to talk about ribs... I love ribs... Why would you care if I discuss ribs one or six more times....
Dave if you want to start a new thread about ribs everyday go right ahead I got no problem with it. Now if you copy and paste the info from one thread into the next one to create it that might be a bit much but if it's not the same exact words post on. We used to get some members who liked to tell people to do a search before posting a question and that was dealt with. The search feature doesn't work all that great at times and many members have a hard time figuring it out. Our answer was if you don't like answering the same question then don't another member will be more than happy to. Dave that comment was not directed to you at all I have seen you answer the same question more than a couple times, heck I've probably ask you the same questions multiple times.

What in the world does “liberal” have anything to do with this site? Only time liberal or conservative should be mentioned on a bbq site is when talking about how much gravy to pour on your meal.

So I'll admit to being a little bit lost on what is/was going on and I've not had the time to be on here very much lately. What have I missed? I haven't started any new threads lately and I know that I shouldn't "assume", but I assume that this question pops up whenever one is started? Help me out here, otherwise I'm still lost...

So I'll admit to being a little bit lost on what is/was going on and I've not had the time to be on here very much lately. What have I missed? I haven't started any new threads lately and I know that I shouldn't "assume", but I assume that this question pops up whenever one is started? Help me out here, otherwise I'm still lost...
I still don't have a clue either! So I'm going with it's gravy if it's going on potatoes and sauce if it's going on pasta! But just to clear up any confusion due to regional differences...if you need one or more pieces of bread for sopping purposes they are interchangeable! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Yeah, I noticed it yesterday when doing my first thread post in a while. As soon as you type your title a window drops down asking that question. Kind of like a search engine. I guess if you were going to post a question it gives you a chance to check other posts that resemble the title. One of my old posts was in there LOL!
It doesn't interfere with your post in any way and frankly I don't know why it got Dave's hackles up so.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
It is probably on there so if you just wanted to add to a post similar. Lot of kind folks on here don't want to step on or derail another's post, just my take.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky