Is restoring Weber Spirit e310 worth it?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Racast

Original poster
Sep 26, 2020
I've been looking to buy a new grill and someone gave me an old Weber Spirit e310. It requires a new grate, flavorizers, warming rack and also cleaning. There rest of the grill looks good, other than being dirty and one small rust spot. Is it worth the time and money, around $150, that I'd be spending? Or is it better to just get a new one?

Thanks in advance.

New are close to $500 , bought new burners and flavoriser bars and I'm good for another 5-8 years I guess ,bought some heavier stainless grates a few years back for cheap, if you want it to use I would do it.

I’ve rebuild my Weber genesis gold several times. I also put full replacement grill grates on mine as well.

Last edited:
While I don't have a Weber I've rebuilt my gasser about 3 times and it's going on 30 years old now. It's still going strong and I can't see replacing it when I can put new burners and grates in it for a fraction of the cost of a new quality grill.

I still have my Weber Genesis since 2004, 17 years and still going strong.. I replaced the ignitor, flavor bars with stainless steel ones, I tossed the warming rack made one out of steel rods. And the cheapo wheels. Still cooks like new. It is worth the 150. to fix.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky