IS MY INKBIRD TOAST?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bworthy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 1, 2014
Folsom, CA
So, my instant read thermometer (model HET-F001) has stopped working. When I turn it on, the display reads 888.8E, then switches to LLL.L °F. I thought maybe it just needed a new battery. Nope! This thing is only about a year or so old, do I need to replace it already?

Contact Inkbirds customer support. Found they've been very responsive.

I opted for the rechargeable instant read IHT-1p. So far zero issues with it.

Actually I forgot, there is one issue I wish that they had incorporated a usb plug end into it so you could plug the unit in to charge. Keeping track of yet another charging cable has become a burden!

Contact Inkbirds customer support. Found they've been very responsive.

I opted for the rechargeable instant read IHT-1p. So far zero issues with it.

Actually I forgot, there is one issue I wish that they had incorporated a usb plug end into it so you could plug the unit in to charge. Keeping track of yet another charging cable has become a burden!
Thanks for the info. I just looked on Amazon and looking at the reviews for the model I have. Found this to be a common problem, and is related to the probe wire breaking inside. I think I will upgrade to the new version.

Thanks for the info. I just looked on Amazon and looking at the reviews for the model I have. Found this to be a common problem, and is related to the probe wire breaking inside. I think I will upgrade to the new version.
Before you upgrade I would suggest at least asking the rep here if you can get a steep discount on the upgrade model based on the older one crapping out on you.

Reactions: bworthy and TNJAKE
I bought three and the wire in the thermocouple on one of the three I gave away for independent testing with my friends broke off at the circuit borad from a bad sodered joint <1yr. Inkbird replaced it and offered a free rechargeable new one but only if I had a paypal acct!? So no go.

Paypal is anti 2nd amendment I stopped almost as soon as I started using them,

Reactions: bworthy
Same here. Loose tc wire on two IB therms. I’ve moved on. IB two probe WiFi with BBQGo app works flawlessly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky