Is it enough?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fastalkintn

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
Christiana, Tn
I apologize if this is in the wrong section but I am talking baby backs. Doing a party for the 4th. 18-20 adults and around 6 kids. Appetizers will be out all day then plan on doing a brisket 16# raw weight and 6 racks of baby backs with several sides and also hot dogs for the kids. I think that is enough ribs my wife said no what do you folks think? I figure 1/3 rack per person should be good. Thanks in advance for your input.

If the STAR of the show is going to be ribs with a side note of brisket, then no; you don't have enuff ribs.  If you are trying to feed folks a good smoked meal with a tasty treat of some sweet smokey ribs, then yes; you have plenty of ribs.  Are you serving or are you doing cafeteria style?  If cafeteria, folks MAY grab more ribs than brisket ( although I don't know why ).  There is plenty of food there for 18-20 folks.  Be sure to let us know how it goes and add a few Q-view.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

If the BBs are good sized then it should be plenty considering the brisket.  Down here they vary between a little over 2 lbs to 3 1/2 lbs.  Just depends on what size of pig people are sending to market.

Thanks to everyone for the help. Party went great, we had 24 adults and out of the 7 racks of bb's we only had 5 ribs left. Perfect.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky