Introducing the Smoked Pork Wellington!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Younger generation is on their own.

The old expression "we're eatin' high on the hog" meant the tender cuts, not the flavorful (and harder to cook) cuts closer to the ground..., same with a steer.
Whoever popularized wrapping bacon around a fillet mignon and serving it with deglazed pan sauce was a genius. I love fillets, but I inject them, or marinate in an a beefy concoction.
"Chewing the fat"? "Upper crust"? Lot's of expressions go back to ole England.
The only way I will buy tenderloin is prime. Marbling adds flavor in the meat.
Barding is an old method to add flavor or fat to a cut of meat. I use it to add fat into a leaner cut of meat.

The proof in the pudding for chilerelleno chilerelleno thirdeye thirdeye Fueling Around Fueling Around , USDA prime filet....It needs to be wrapped in bacon and smothered in a nice demi glaze sauce.... (Its almost throw back Thursday).... When properly elevated the filet is yum.....but it does need elevation!
fillet.jpeg

Younger generation is on their own.

"Chewing the fat"? "Upper crust"? Lot's of expressions go back to ole England.
The only way I will buy tenderloin is prime. Marbling adds flavor in the meat.
Barding is an old method to add flavor or fat to a cut of meat. I use it to add fat into a leaner cut of meat.
Larding? I have an old larding needle with the slider, but it works with garlic butter and most likely a lot of other things.

Dude... I'm constantly in enthralled with your cooks.
This is a delicious looking twist on the Wellington and it looks simply scrumptious.
And you sir, do it justice with the plating and pics.
Bravo sir, bravo!
You should check out the stuff that he builds, the man has mad skillz.
I'm on his knife list and can't wait to see what he comes up with for me once he gets settled into his new shop.

civilsmoker civilsmoker Where did you find the puff pastry? Or are you making that as well?
I have an idea that I've been rolling around in my head for a poor man's Wellington.:emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: civilsmoker
Larding? I have an old larding needle with the slider, but it works with garlic butter and most likely a lot of other things.
You got me on a Malaprop.
Barding is making a fattie by wrapping the meat with fat and flavor.

Larding is pulling fat and flavor through the interior of lean meat to build a marbling for a juicy cook.
I do use use larding now and then.

civilsmoker civilsmoker Where did you find the puff pastry?
Check the freezer section of your local grocer. Puff Pastry and Filo dough is often on the shelf.

You should check out the stuff that he builds, the man has mad skillz.
I'm on his knife list and can't wait to see what he comes up with for me once he gets settled into his new shop.

civilsmoker civilsmoker Where did you find the puff pastry? Or are you making that as well?
I have an idea that I've been rolling around in my head for a poor man's Wellington.:emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks for the prop Fork!

yes I got the puff pastry in the freezer section It’s in a long box. Usually comes with two sheets. I am going to have my daughter make some in the future but baby steps. Lol

Reactions: forktender
Fork since you mentioned the new shop..... I’ve been waiting for parts for a while now but just got the last pieces last week! I’ve been wanting one of these for a looooooog time!

the shop is a bit of a mess IE...making kitchen cabinets so we can have GAS and an OVEN in the kitchen! The oven is covered in blankets in the back of the pic behind the stacks of ply

F8DEB32A-D447-48E5-B4C2-3F5C022C55F4.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky