Intro: From Hal in VA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

halinva

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 12, 2006
Shacklefords, VA
Hi all! What a great website!... After reading many of your own introductions on Roll Call, I feel like I know most of you already... As you can see, I'm Hal in VA; I was "Hal on the Left Coast" until just a few months ago, when I relocated here to be closer to my "Kids". (Four in VA, one in FL). I've been involved in smoking meats for quite few years. I started with a "Little Chief" and then a "Big Chief", and finally built a portable smoker (24"x24" with four racks) that I used on my deck in OR. Since my relocation to VA, I've only been able to use the "amazing" Camerons Stove Top smoker... That will change shortly as I am planning to build a Sunroom/Greenhouse addition to my mobile home here. I'll build a small smoker in one corner, similar to the one I had in OR. I've found that the small size was not a hindrance, as I've smoked everything from salmon and oysters to a 23 pound turkey in it.

A bit about myself: I retired from the USAF in 1970 as a Management Analyst and held mostly management positions since until I retired a few years back... I was also Oregon State President of the Air Force Association in the mid-80's.

My other passions are woodworking and travelling (I have a 23' Class C
Fleetwood Searcher)

I hope this introduction wasn't too long!

Hal

PS: I'm open to tips on the Greenhouse/Sunroom combo, since I've never had anything like it before.

Greetings Hal and welcome aboard!!!
Welcome to the best Q forum on the net. I can tell you that not only is there an a abundance of knowledge here but, also, as you have eluded to, there are some of the most personable folk you will ever meet. So welcome to the forum and please post often so we can all keep up with whats going on.

Also, on a very serious note, Thank you and all the rest who have served in our military. I consider your service as a gift to all freedom loving people and to me personally. So, Thank You and Welcome aboard.

Hi there, Hal. Welcome to our group. I am former USAF also. I finished up at MHAFB, Idaho back in 1990. Glad to have you, here. We have alot of fun around here so sit back and enjoy, and join in the conversation any time.

Cheers,
Brian

Hal, Welcome to Smoking Meat Forums. I too am prior service (10 years Army National Guard), to you and those who served full time, I thank you for your service.

Hope you find what you need here to produce some fine 'Que. We have some great folks that well help up out if you have any questions about smoking foods.

Enjoy!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky