Internal temperature remote thermometer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aramirez626

Original poster
Sep 30, 2021
Hello all, is there a good/preferred remote thermometer to monitor the internal temperature of your smoker? Not the meat, but like a remote oven thermometer that will measure the internal temperature of the smoker and you can walk away and monitor that temperature from a distance? Thanks all!

Yes to the above. I have a couple "smoke" setups and rely on them big time. Not a WIFI to your phone. Has it's own wireless receiver.

Reactions: 912smoker
ThermoWorks makes excellent stuff, including both their Smoke and Signals products. The Smoke uses a dedicated remote, which connects to the base station by radio frequency, while the Signals communicates with your smart phone over Bluetooth/wifi. Smoke comes in 2- and 4-probe setups, while Signals is 4-probe; both include one probe meant to clip to your food rack in the smoke chamber. I have both, but I prefer Signals because my wifi range is much better than RF and because I can see the temperature graphs over time on my smartphone. The Smoke definitely has better battery life, though, and they have introduced the Gateway accessory to give it wifi connectivity (only to the Smoke, not the Smoke X2 or X4), but the combined price is more than the price of the Signals.

Inkbird, Maverick, and FireBoard make monitors that also get decent reviews, and Weber has their iGrill 2, which I think is also supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't looked up details on any of them.

Reactions: schlotz
There are a number of options out there but I would get one that has both a high and low temp alarm. Mine has a high alarm only, so no notification if the pit temp drops below where I want it.

There are a number of options out there but I would get one that has both a high and low temp alarm. Mine has a high alarm only, so no notification if the pit temp drops below where I want it.

What brand name and model do you have?

What brand name and model do you have?
I've got a Thermpro TP-20 that I use for monitoring pit temps. It's a really great thermometer and I love it, but I really do wish it had a low temp alarm. The next one I buy will have that feature.

I'm currently using a FireBoard 2 base model, no fan controls etc. as none of my cookers have fans. I've only used it a few times so far but I'm 100% happy with this unit.

Yes to the above. I have a couple "smoke" setups and rely on them big time. Not a WIFI to your phone. Has it's own wireless receiver.
I bought their gateway that connects to wi-fi. Definitely worth the cost for the convinience.

Hello all, is there a good/preferred remote thermometer to monitor the internal temperature of your smoker? Not the meat, but like a remote oven thermometer that will measure the internal temperature of the smoker and you can walk away and monitor that temperature from a distance? Thanks all!
I am a firm believer in my Inkbird I-BBQ-4T. 4 probes with wifi. ( can check grill grate level temp and set alarm, even if you have to run to the store. The app also has a cool graphing tool that shows temp levels across time. Depending on the meat i probe two in meat and one at grate level with the included clip. #Inkbird

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky