Instant Read Thermometer

Discussion in 'Meat Thermometers' started by fife, Apr 22, 2011.

1. fife

fife Master of the Pit

OK so I got mine in the mail today and her it is.[​IMG] This is the full view right out the box

Now for the Next PIC                           [​IMG] Right out of the package.

[​IMG]Features that it is able to do

[​IMG] More good Info for ya.

[​IMG] Serial Number.

[​IMG] Closed and in the OFF position.

[​IMG] Quarter in pic for showing the size

[​IMG] Temp probe open and this turns it on.

[​IMG] LED is good and clear very easy to read. Temp outside today.

[​IMG] Top view with the controls.

[​IMG] FLIR this is something that rings a bell. They make the see in the dark equipment that is used by professional law enforcement for seeing in the dark ( I think this is the same company )

[​IMG] Right out of a cup of boiling water YES correct.

So IMOP I think this is a good find no it is not a THERMA PEN but heck you can buy almost 3 of these for the price of one if you are on a budget this may help.

Let me know if I can answer any questions you may have about this product.

See ya in the smoke.

Fife

2. Very nice time to put in my order.

3. thebarbequeen

thebarbequeen Smoking Fanatic

sounds like a good find! like others have said, you might want a spare!

4. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

For that kinda dough I'be wanting a very happy ending...JMHO....lol

5. fife

fife Master of the Pit

This is $39.00 not too bad.

6. fife

fife Master of the Pit

O yes and free shipping also. No tax.

7. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Those are both nice therms but I wouldnt pay that much myself, ya I'm cheap. I got one of these at a restaurant supply. It was about 20.00. You can get them at amazon.com. It's a Taylor 9878E.

[​IMG]

8. fife

fife Master of the Pit

I really think that if you have a good therm. is the key I know the one on my MES40 is off and it would not do good to use as to when to pull off you product.

9. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

10. I've had this one for several years, and it still reads 212 in boiling water.  $10 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Good looking therm. I personally have 3 of them from different companies. Glad you found one you like.

12. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

The one I have is like Brians & it just broke last night. Heading out today to find a replacement.

13. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I got my Thermapen on sale for $79.00 with free shipping...

[​IMG]

14. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Where at Beer?

15. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

16. thanks fife for the report!,

how quick was the read time? about a second, like advertised?

17. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Sorry to be late to this thread.  I guess I just missed it. 

What is the response time on that therm?  Mine is a cheapie that runs 8 to 10 sec. Not bad most of the time, really.

If that one is in the area of the thermapen, that is a good buy if it holds up under use.

Good luck and good smoking.