Insta Cure #1 / Insta Cure #2 (Nitrates and Nitrites)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

princess

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Lafayette, Indiana
My wonderful husband bought me TWO giant tubs of cure at Christmastime. 5lb of InstaCure #1 and 5lb of InstaCure #2. He really didn't know what he was buying, just knew that I was getting into meat processing and planned to do more than just fresh sausage.

It takes exactly ONE OUNCE of Insta Cure #1 to prep 25lb of meat. Yeah, that's right. I could process 2000lb of meat with my Big A$$ Bucket of InstaCure #1. I have not even OPENED the tub of Insta Cure #2 as it is only used for long term curing, which I am hesitant on until my skills are improved.  I mean, it's not like it goes bad or anything, but I have SO MUCH!

::sigh:: Sweet Husband... Very thoughtful, very impractical. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

So.. .what I am saying is this: Want an ounce or two of either cure? I'll swap it to ya. I'd even [ay for the envelope to pack it in. Offer me a recipie I have not seen. Offer me few TB of your favorite seasoning. Clue me in on a trick that I don't know. I'm pretty open to suggestion. Send me a PM and we'll chat.

Cheers!

-Princess

LOL!! I hear ya!!  I actually will (probably) tear through that giant tub of Fermento this year... the Cervelat that is shown in that post takes a whopping 3.5 CUPS of that stuff. But the cure? Oh no... Not even close. You should have seen me opening the tubs of cure on Christmas...

"Um.. baby?" says me, peering into the giant tinsel-covered box that has two tubs of cure in it.

"Yeah? Did I do good? Do you like it?," says Darling Husband, "That book you were reading said this is the stuff you need! And.. they only had these TINY packets of stuff! And I was like, 'Not my baby!' so I got you the biggest one I could find!!"  The grin on his face was wild. He was so thoughtful!

"Yes, love," says me, "it is just what I needed..."  
redface.gif

I saw that large tub in your sausage post and thought maybe you were opening a sausage shop...http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/pkcdirect/emoticons/?action=view&current=roflmao.gif

LOL... I have a mental image of an envelope filled with InstaCure causing an anthrax scare as it leaks in the post office.

Princess,

I too saw the big tub in your sausage post!

I thought, "Wow, she must be young, It'll take many years to use that up".

Bear

34 years young in November!! I got AT LEAST 50 years to use those things! LOL...

And, BC... if you ever wanna try stepping away from your TQ, I can hook ya up!! :)

It's not like I don't have any to spare...
Princess,

I too saw the big tub in your sausage post!

I thought, "Wow, she must be young, It'll take many years to use that up".

Bear

34 years young in November!! I got AT LEAST 50 years to use those things! LOL...

And, BC... if you ever wanna try stepping away from your TQ, I can hook ya up!! :)

I might one day. I got some fresh sausage kits that came with my LEM stuffer. I was thinking about changing them to smoked sausage by just adding cure, but if I used TQ, I'd have to add all that salt too. I'm not sure if I want to change them to smoked sausage, or just leave them alone, but I love smoked sausage so much!

Bear

What Day in November?  Mine is in November also... http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/pkcdirect/emoticons/?action=view&current=occasion14.gif

Not if you use all that cure, you should last at the least 5000 yrs like the Egyptian Mummies... http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/pkcdirect/emoticons/?action=view&current=roflmao.gif

I am so terribly late with this I am embarrassed.  Princess and I did a trade and all went well.  The jerky post I did recently was done with her insta cure and I would not hesitate to communicate with her.  Thanks Princess!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky