Inkbird scale

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Inkbird is a sponsor. They will pm people for testing things.

Not on the scale, but for one of the temperature probe units.
I decided to decline when I asked if a less than 5 star review still earned a full refund.
Sorry, but I am not a shill just because I get it for free.
I have but don't use PayPal, but discovered they are one of the safer payment platforms.
You can refute bad transactions both with Paypal and with the CC used to make the payment. No experience with the PayPal credit card.

Didn't even know they had a scale so no wasn't asked :emoji_sunglasses:

So we have contacted them about how they handle this kind of stuff.

First they aren't asking for 5 star reviews. They want honest ones.

Second the person I talked to this morning said that the new employee Evil misunderstood how they were supposed to do these things and they will be corrected going forward.

Thanks

Brian

Been asked in the past as well (temp-gauges).
Asked to purchase using PayPal and then get refund (It was around $100).
Don't have PayPal and don't intend to get it so - hard pass.

^^^That^^^ being said, I love my Inkbird SV.

Reactions: JLeonard
Got the msg also. But, I've already got a scale. Although the Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq items I have worked great. The 4 probe I won here right after I joined is still kicking right along after 3 hard years of use.

Jim

I have a bunch of their stuff, something things were refunded after a reveiw and others bought out right. I was never asked to skew my reviews up, ever. BTW, I did not get the scale offer either for the record.

Reactions: madmark
great they sponsor, but seems pretty shady buying only positive perfect reviews. I have been asked in the past but ignored them.
For what it's worth they will likely send you the money even if you don't review. I took them up on the vacuum sealer offer. Wouldn't rate it 5 stars so I didn't rate it at all (not going to leave a dishonest review)...still got the money.

For what it's worth they will likely send you the money even if you don't review. I took them up on the vacuum sealer offer. Wouldn't rate it 5 stars so I didn't rate it at all (not going to leave a dishonest review)...still got the money.
hmmm, they always asked me for a screen shot of the review.

great they sponsor, but seems pretty shady buying only positive perfect reviews. I have been asked in the past but ignored them.

I see a lot of reviews on Amazon with something along the lines of "rec'd as part of a promotion" or "Vine Voice"...once I see that, I generally move along.

Not saying the Inkbird scale as mentioned in the OP is an Amazon-thing, but I REALLY don't like to see any company "buying" positive reviews...either your product is good and can withstand scrutiny or it isn't.

Reactions: mcokevin
I got the offer. The wording seemed like a really bad translation, and it was from someone called Evil. I passed! Having said that, I have an Inkbird SV that I really like.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky