Inkbird IRF-4S - Very Disappointed. Now I need a new. Any suggestions?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Daba's BBQ

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 24, 2021
Metro NYC
I just picked this up a few days ago and tested it last night and again this morning. Not only is it difficult to program the instructions are horrendous, but the oven probe also doesn't work. I am doing an overnight cook on Saturday and this is THE MAIN reason I bought it, to alert me if the temp goes high/low in my Traeger. I bought it from amazon and will be returning it.

Now my problem is, I need to get a replacement thermometer ASAP (not the same model). My budget is around $75, so I cannot afford to spend the $190-250 on some of those other thermometers that others have suggested. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Daba's BBQ

I just picked this up a few days ago and tested it last night and again this morning. Not only is it difficult to program the instructions are horrendous, but the oven probe also doesn't work. I am doing an overnight cook on Saturday and this is THE MAIN reason I bought it, to alert me if the temp goes high/low in my Traeger. I bought it from amazon and will be returning it.

Now my problem is, I need to get a replacement thermometer ASAP (not the same model). My budget is around $75, so I cannot afford to spend the $190-250 on some of those other thermometers that others have suggested. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Daba's BBQ
Message Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq on here. They may be able to help you out with your issues.

Jim

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky