InkBird Ibbq-4t problems

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cooter79

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 9, 2020
I can’t seem to keep my InkBird connected. It will work fine for a few hours and then disconnect and can’t get it to reconnect until the next day. We have a strong wifi signal out we’re the grill is.

Attachments

• 31390F6D-9464-4783-A8EA-680F242BDB55.png
    31390F6D-9464-4783-A8EA-680F242BDB55.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 38
So far there customer service has been on par with GMG and they have both been outstanding. InkBird is still working on my concern but I know they are on the job.

Inkbird has determined the problem is the wifi signal is not on par with what there device needs to operate correctly. I did read that a 5g band may interfere so I turned that off and also changed the router channel and am going to try again. If that doesn’t change anything I’m going to try a range extender. Our house is so old and solidly built that wifi doesn’t really do well unless you are in direct line of site.

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
I'd probably be looking at getting a better thermometer unit before I started by repeaters and shutting down the 5g and downgrading the house to 2.4.

Inkbird has determined the problem is the wifi signal is not on par with what there device needs to operate correctly. I did read that a 5g band may interfere so I turned that off and also changed the router channel and am going to try again. If that doesn’t change anything I’m going to try a range extender. Our house is so old and solidly built that wifi doesn’t really do well unless you are in direct line of site.
Look into a mesh wifi, I had several dead spots in the house that drove me insane until I said screw it and bought an Eero mesh wifi system. they are super easy to set up they have an app that walks you step by step through the set up process. Takes 10-15 minutes and you have strong wifi throughout the whole house.
I'm not sure it will fix your problem with the inkbird or not but it will fix your spoty wifi.

Reactions: jasinil2006
Mine also will not connect. Worked great since I bought it but know all of a sudden I can’t get it to connect. I use 2g. Nothing has changed with the router so wondering if it just decided not to work anymore.

Mine also will not connect. Worked great since I bought it but know all of a sudden I can’t get it to connect. I use 2g. Nothing has changed with the router so wondering if it just decided not to work anymore.
Hi there, please don't worry. Please check inbox.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky