• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

InkBird Ibbq-4t problems

cooter79

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 9, 2020
Inkbird has determined the problem is the wifi signal is not on par with what there device needs to operate correctly. I did read that a 5g band may interfere so I turned that off and also changed the router channel and am going to try again. If that doesn’t change anything I’m going to try a range extender. Our house is so old and solidly built that wifi doesn’t really do well unless you are in direct line of site.

jasinil2006

Joined Dec 28, 2016
I'd probably be looking at getting a better thermometer unit before I started by repeaters and shutting down the 5g and downgrading the house to 2.4.

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Inkbird has determined the problem is the wifi signal is not on par with what there device needs to operate correctly. I did read that a 5g band may interfere so I turned that off and also changed the router channel and am going to try again. If that doesn’t change anything I’m going to try a range extender. Our house is so old and solidly built that wifi doesn’t really do well unless you are in direct line of site.
Look into a mesh wifi, I had several dead spots in the house that drove me insane until I said screw it and bought an Eero mesh wifi system. they are super easy to set up they have an app that walks you step by step through the set up process. Takes 10-15 minutes and you have strong wifi throughout the whole house.
I'm not sure it will fix your problem with the inkbird or not but it will fix your spoty wifi.

cranium69

Joined Jul 4, 2021
Mine also will not connect. Worked great since I bought it but know all of a sudden I can’t get it to connect. I use 2g. Nothing has changed with the router so wondering if it just decided not to work anymore.

Inkbirdbbq

Master of the Pit
Sponsor
Joined Oct 26, 2018
Mine also will not connect. Worked great since I bought it but know all of a sudden I can’t get it to connect. I use 2g. Nothing has changed with the router so wondering if it just decided not to work anymore.
Hi there, please don't worry. Please check inbox.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.