Injector stripped and suggestions for new one?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zwiller

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 16, 2016
Sandusky, OH
Not totally bummed but disappointed. No way this thing is all SS as marketed. The area that connects to the barrel is gotta be pot metal or maybe brass. Nearly all the "SS" injectors look to be made this way. I mean it was $20 and got a few years and could just get another but wonder if there are some legit pro models out there. Any suggestions?

20200528_094006_resized.jpg

Kung Fu grip ?
I have a SS model ( might be that same one ) but still use the one from Tony C's injectables .

Reactions: zwiller
Kung Fu grip ?
I have a SS model ( might be that same one ) but still use the one from Tony C's injectables .
I think so but my GI Joes were the tiny ones. I would say it's brass knuckle style with 3 rings. :emoji_laughing:

I admit, a few things might explain the issue. First off, I inject nearly everything I do. Second, I remove needle to draw up liquid, so I am doing that 5-6 times per run. I have a few Tony C for backup but admit I think the broadcast needle does much better.

LOL Didn't know you were selling one!

Reactions: chopsaw
I have a Grill BEAST seems to be holding up - dont use it a ton but its solid.
Injecting is easily one of my secret weapons. I was instantly hooked. The speed, consistency, and end product results. Must have for me.

Been doing some Amazon reviews reading and found a few nuggets... Apparently the threads are magnesium (probably an alloy) and soaking is a big no no. I was soaking (sometimes overnight) in Oxyclean. Think I might just order another $20 one and no soak and take care of thread area a little better. Looks like the next level up is around $100 (spitjack).

My GF gave me this injector from Ofargo for Christmas. I can't speak to long term longevity but based on weight alone it is very heavy duty. Claims to be all 304 SS. No issues so far. Built like a tank.

Not sure what's wrong with links, just type Ofargo Injector in Amazon and you'll get there...

Last edited:
Reactions: zwiller
Is that one from meat mavens ? If so that end piece screws off the barrel . Maybe they sell the part .

Is that one from meat mavens ? If so that end piece screws off the barrel . Maybe they sell the part .
Mine is a Bayou Classic... Great idea! Cross your fingers/sending some emails.

I tried pretty hard to remove that part but not happening. Ordered another for $15. Looked up my account history and I got 4 years out of it so...

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky