Indiana Hoosier checking in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

loganhuff21

Original poster
Nov 12, 2013
Bloomington, IN
Greetings everyone,

Getting ready to storm pretty good here in Bloomington, IN so I thought it was time to check-in.  I'll start by saying I'm just beginning my smoking adventure.  I got an itch to try smoking this past summer so I borrowed my neighbors MES.  I did about 3 smokes on it and became hooked.  I started with chicken wings and moved on from there.  Looking back, those first few chicken wing smokes were some of my favorites.  I did one brisket on the MES and it turned out pretty good.  Everone at the party loved it, I thought it could have been better (toughest critic I guess).

I eventually got my an electric smoke hollow and have been pretty dissapointed in my results since then.  Smoked a lot of chicken thighs and ribs.  It's been hit or miss on the results.

My newest adventure is my UDS I'm finishing up.  Just bought the handles to finish it off today.  Picked up some Royal Oak lump charcoal to season the UDS when the weather clears and I find time.  I would love to season it and smoke a turkey or breast for Thanksgiving but time will tell.  I'll post some pictures of my UDS build when I find a little extra downtime.  (3 young kids can keep you pretty busy).

BTW, I love this site.  I've been trolling the posts for a few months now and would love to become a regular poster with some great Q-View.  I have purchased the Jeff's rub and sauce.  I've been pleased with that.  I also have his book I've been taking ideas from.  That's all for now.  Hope the wind doesn't blow me away today!

Logan

Bloomington, IN

Electric Smoke Hollow

Unused UDS

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   ........
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hi Logan and welcome to the forums!  You've found the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks here who really enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input here, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Logan
welcome1.gif

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

You are gouing to love your UDS

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky