Independence Day party at undisclosed location in VA :)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hotnspicy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Staunton VA
I have made BBQ for about 6 total over the years.  Just didn't have opportunity to do much larger.  This year I am expecting around 25 or so & doing lunch and dinner.  I admit I will probably break some BBQ etiquette because of my rig limitations or because I wanna do this & still enjoy the fun & not be breaking a sweat. 

Lunch is going to be hamburgers, Boar's Head dogs, & smoked BBQ chicken with chips & stuff.  Dinner menu is a 14 lb brisket, two 9lb butts & 8 racks.  Some folks will be bringing a few sides but I will be doing baked pinto beans & smoked northern beans  I just finished making all of my sauces & slaw today.  My slaw is much better after a few days of percolating.  I am going to make the beans & ribs the day before.  I always like my beans more the second day so that should work out fine.  I wanna do the ribs the day before because I am gonna slice them all & that is a lot easier when they are cold.  I have 3 sauces for the ribs & will just ask someone to ask everyone if they want chipotle kick, cayenne kick, sweet & tangy or just with rub.  Just gonna reheat them on on my ique.  I also will be making 4 apple pies for dessert on Wednesday.

What could go wrong lol?

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky