In support of raised beds...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cornman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
South central PA
I have commented on a few threads that I really love the idea of raised beds for vegetable gardens and today provided a great example of one of their benefits. My wife asked me to pull some scallions and while our ground is starting to freeze and harden for the winter, but the raised beds don't freeze over as fast and thaw quicker in the spring. Scallions up!

Yep raised beds I the way to go. Ours were horrible last year not sure why. Doing a major amendment of the soil this spring when things thaw out.

I bought a soil sample kit just because Idaho soil can have issues. I also have a couple of standard mixes I add to the hole when I plant that have given me some pretty good results.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky