In search of WHD's - (Weapon of Ham Destruction)!!!!!! Heavy Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
I have seen the Easter Ham.... and it is good!

Decided to smoke a partially cooked cured Smith's ham for easter today. I started last night by injecting the ham with a mix of apple juice and maple syrup. We start our journey at 5:30 in the AM by pulling the ham out of the fridge, giving it a light slather of yellow mustard, and putting a light rub of brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, jerk seasoning, and old bay seasoning. Then into the WSM with a full load of Lazzari and some applewood.

9c77dced_IMG_1767.jpg

23c2528a_IMG_1768.jpg

Here it is after about 4 hrs. in the smoker.

bc210619_IMG_1771.jpg

Decided to prep some corn on the cob for the smoker as well. I pulled back the husk, removed the silk, brushed the corn with some butter and gave it a light dusting of Old Bay Seasoning. Then pulled the husks back up and tied the tops with string.

20d0bc7d_IMG_1772.jpg

The corn and some baby reds on the top rack of the WSM plus a few more shots of the ham in progress.... started basting it about once an hour arround the 6 hr. mark.

24f0f2bf_IMG_1775.jpg

7453b193_IMG_1773.jpg

3056908d_IMG_1774.jpg

Everything all cooked and ready to start getting plates put together! Ham was 20 lbs. and took 10 hrs. with the WSM running at 250° to get an internal temp of 160°.

0dd184ac_IMG_1777.jpg

6714093a_IMG_1778.jpg

08f133de_IMG_1779.jpg

5301d99f_IMG_1780.jpg

7745207f_IMG_1781.jpg

All plated up and ready for dinner! This ham was soooo tender, you could easily cut it with the edge of a fork, and the corn had a nice light smokey flavor but still had a nice crunch to it as well.

bff4e1a2_IMG_1782.jpg

Fantastic looking meal...the ham looks excellent!!! I can't wait until sweet corn season here...it sure looks great on your plate. Thanks for the View.
drool.gif

Thanks everybody
biggrin.gif
 it was by far the best ham I have done yet, the applewood was perfect for the ham, and let me tell you ham bark is out of this world good
sausage.gif

Aw Johnny---That all looks PERFECT!

And a super plate of food!

It even has those taters that I hate so much 
biggrin.gif
---And they're even smoked!!!!

You da man Johnny---It's great to have you back!

BTW: How's the leg?

Bear

That's one great meal you put together there, Johnny. Happy Easter to you & your family!
Thanks Al.

Aw Johnny---That all looks PERFECT!

And a super plate of food!

It even has those taters that I hate so much 
biggrin.gif
---And they're even smoked!!!!

You da man Johnny---It's great to have you back!

BTW: How's the leg?

Bear
Thanks Bear. The leg is doing good - still got one small area that has to finish closing up, but other than that the Doc's say it is all healed up. Still looks gnarly, but they said over the next year it will smooth out around the edges and fill in a bit.

Thanks everybody
biggrin.gif
 it was by far the best ham I have done yet, the applewood was perfect for the ham, and let me tell you ham bark is out of this world good
sausage.gif
looks Awesome!!  have you tried cherry wood with ham?  i did a sprial ham with cherry and it turned out pretty darn tasty.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky