• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

In over my head

bowhunter3290

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 11, 2016
So, I think I have a problem, I have always wanted to do competitive BBQ, well now that I have had several people tell me to. My wife is going nuts because of the prices, First I need a truck to get my smoker to and from. and she says she wants me to start. I know ill be getting my team name and everything shortly and we will see from there

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Good luck!

As long as your wife is on board with the idea, that's half the battle won right there!

Al

paprika pal

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 21, 2010
Let us know you team name when you get it.  I love to keep track of the teams and a fellow Smokingmeatforum contributor makes it that much more fun.  Very Excited for you...............and Jealous. 

sauced

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 9, 2015
That's fantastic!! Best of luck and yes, let us know your team name.

betaboy

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 29, 2016
Keep us posted, exciting stuff! Sounds like you have a very supporting wife as well, always a plus!!

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
Yeah, it is expensive but you got to go for it. Lots of fun! I have only done a couple of comps and currently have no truck. For the last one we did my teammate and I rented one.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.