In need of prayer, please...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Farmgal

Original poster
Jan 26, 2018
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum, but Bear suggested that I ask openly, so here goes...

My 20 year old son was just diagnosed with type II diabetes at the age of 20. His blood sugar was over 400 when found, and the A1C was high too...10.8. To make matters worse, he has also been diagnosed with both strep and mono, and has been a very sick boy for a couple weeks now. The sugar is coming down, and for that I am thankful, but the mono is taking a toll on an already weakened body. He could sure use all the prayers he can get, and they would be much appreciated! And if you would, send a lil' one up for me as well. Dealing with my second round of bronchitis it seems, and feeling really bad right now. Just praying that it is bronchitis and nothing more...never had it to hang on this long, but can't afford to be ill right now with my son in need of help here.

Again, any and all prayers for us are greatly appreciated! I believe in the power of prayer and in the healing power of God.

Thanks a bunch...

Prayers for wisdom and skill for his care team to remedy his situation, and that you might find remedy and comfort in yours.

Barry.

Reactions: Farmgal
Prayers sent for you both. I have been type II for over thirty years and more than twenty on insulin. I'm now at A1C of 6.8. I'd like to offer; see only an endocrinologist and follow his treatment regime. Do this and live a wonderful, happy life with minimum of complications. The further away from diagnosis the less scary the issue becomes. Wish I had something better for your bronchitis. He'll get over the mono and learn to live as a diabetic but he has all our prayers and a loving Mom to help him. David

I am giving you prayers and hope. Type II Diabetes is not a problem if it is controlled. I've had it for 20 years; mine was about the same at first, too. But, I have made the necessary changes to control it after having 5 strokes and it is all working now. Some disciplines he will have to adhere to: drink water, lots of it, no sugar, no sugar treats, healthy meals, lots of vegetables, very lean meats (fat has twice the calories as lean meat), healthy snacks, and so on. There are some things I've discovered that help me. The only soda I drink is Diet Rite Zero (0 Calories, 0 Fat, 0 Caffeine, 0 Carbs, 0 Sodium [a big one - diet colas have up to 40 mg sodium, just making you thirstier] 0 Protein) and at the max. 1/day. I do drink coffee, lots of anti-oxidants. Black with Splenda. Just got my figures back from the Dr.: 6.6 A1c, cholesterol 116, LDL 16, HDL 29, PSA: 0.1. The low cholesterol is due to subscribing to Kyäni triangle of health, excellent product and has made a huge difference. Snacking on pea pods right now. I cure my own extra lean pork shoulder bacon and beef bacon with my Lo-Salt curing brine and make my own sausages - breakfast and Italian. Love extra lean meats now - top round for London Broil, bottom/rump roasts, lean sirloin steaks. This forum helps with weight loss and diet control! You Are What You Eat (YAWYE)! And...

stroke1.jpg

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes and the advice!

My son is turning the corner with his mono, and yesterday his blood sugar was 117 fasting, then 117 two hours after breakfast, 118 after lunch, and 142 at bedtime. Of course, he is just now starting to eat again too, so time will tell on how well he does as far as diet goes. I'm doing all I can to cook and feed him things that don't affect his sugar, but he has to do his part too, drinking water and all that is something he will have to continue to do and hopefully he will.

The bronchitis is making some progress, but for some reason it is slow. I've had it for three weeks, and it is getting worrisome now, to be honest. Steroids and antibiotics and an inhaler...not my cup of tea, but I guess when you smoke, you should expect this at some point. The plan is to quit, and I have to rely on God to help with that. He is my strength and my guide and quite honestly the only One I can depend on to pull all of this together for us. That is why the prayers mean so much to me. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, and ask you to continue them for us, please.

Hugs to all....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky