I'm thinking about picking up a Broil King Baron 500 Pellet Grill. Should a grab the Asurion 4 year warranty too?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So I finally got the parts in. They wouldn't split the replacemtn parts up and ship them separately when they were in stock so when one part came in the other was back ordered, rinse and repeat for months. On my third or fourth call to find out where my parts were, I was told I could accept a probe for a different grill and swap the prob box to make it work so I agreed to that so I could enjoy my grill. New controller too. Got everything put together tomight and while much better, it is still reporting 20-25 degrees higher than what the actual temp is in smoke mode (haven't checked accuracy at higher temps). This means the highest temp I can smoke at is 200 degrees give or take a few otherwise the grill grill fan will go out of smoke mode. I did notice the temp probe box does not sit flush against the wall when its attached (tightening the screws pulls the bottom of the box out) so I am wondering if the issue is with the welds for the temp probe box brackets. I might try some food safe silicone to see if sealing that area up solves the issue.

In hind sight, perhaps I should have pourchased a gravity fed charcoal grill. Barbecuing is supposed to be relaxing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky