• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It doesn't hurt a bit to check in with him and see what current pricing is.
It might when wife thinks I have too many already! And not a decent place to keep them indoors without taking up all the garage space.

Ryan

Guess I'll stick to building some type of enclosure for our current smokers and what not. Guess we should decide what we want 1st...something to get us out of the wind during hot months and protect us during the cold as well. Without using the garage all the time. Then I'll have a place to stay if I get in the dog house :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Lol , wish I made mine just a little bigger for a folding cot or something . When I would sooner be with the smoker
than in the house, after I say something stupid

DSC_2133 - Copy (2).JPG DSC_2256.JPG

David

How much did you pay for the TMG? I'm not being a arsehole, just curious since you arent doing competitive cooking? How large is it?
I have a offset trailer pit smoker that is 6' long. I cook only for family and friends in the back yard a few times a year...Of course that isn't the only pit either. Each has its use.

Reactions: jcam222 and TH-n-PA
Lol , wish I made mine just a little bigger for a folding cot or something . When I would sooner be with the smoker
than in the house, after I say something stupid

David
You need it much larger David! Enough room to cuddle with your team of sled dogs at night so you don't freeze to death! Maybe get a wood burning stove in there too. RAY

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
You need it much larger David! Enough room to cuddle with your team of sled dogs at night so you don't freeze to death! Maybe get a wood burning stove in there too. RAY
Don't forget the big screen TV, the kegerator, and bar maybe a nice comfy recliner or two. Heck get it all set up and the wife may never see him again :emoji_laughing:

Don't forget the big screen TV, the kegerator, and bar maybe a nice comfy recliner or two. Heck get it all set up and the wife may never see him again
I actually have all of that but still kinda enjoy the wife....as well as the AC. Truth be told, we never watch the TV on the patio. Sounds like you have your priorities straight though Jerry :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I actually have all of that but still kinda enjoy the wife....as well as the AC. Truth be told, we never watch the TV on the patio. Sounds like you have your priorities straight though Jerry :emoji_laughing:

Robert
How can you watch TV on the patio in 200 deg heat...lol

Reactions: sawhorseray

Thanks Ray my sled dogs are Chihuahua's so not a lot of room needed , about the wood stove ,I could just keep smoking in there to keep the shed warm, lol

David

Reactions: sawhorseray
This is my offset. Had it for about 12 years now I guess. Can't even begin to guess how many pounds of pork butt, briskets, and ribs have been through it. I've fired it up to cook a single rack of ribs just for myself. I cook for other folks quite often and have turned a buck or two doing it. It's a one off custom by a independent fabricator in Texas. Paid 5G's for it back then. Doubt you could touch it for that now.

It's got it all. Wood storage, prep table with storage underneath, space to tie down three coolers and a dual propane burner. Not to mention it runs like a dream. It's priceless to me now as so many memories are tied to it through cooking at weddings and various parties. I've met hundreds of people I otherwise never would have met had I not had it. It's a member of the family quite honestly.

These pics are from when it was new and still in Texas.

smoker.jpg

wreckless-back-side.jpg

wreckless-opened-2.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky