IE back Button Issue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbally

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 24, 2007
Western Colorado
Hello Huddler,

I am now experiencing an unusual problem where the back button on the browser (IE) needs to be hit four times before it will go back one page.

Don't know just wanted you to know.

same here, 3 clicks sometime, but most of the time 4

been doing it for 2-3 days now............wasn't there an update done about that time?

I will let Huddler know about this issue. Also if your having issues please use the feedback form at www.smokingmeatforums.com/feedback and include all the information you can including what browser and version you have.

Anyone having trouble editing a post?

I click the edit  button and get a blank screen.  I used to get the original post back and could make the corrections there. I normally edit my posts within a couple of seconds of submitting them if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
Tried it just now and just got a blank page, typed in the changes and hit submit.  The changes just disappeared I guess

Anyone having trouble editing a post?

I click the edit  button and get a blank screen.  I used to get the original post back and could make the corrections there. I normally edit my posts within a couple of seconds of submitting them if that makes a difference.
This has been an issue for a month or so for me

Yep screws up just like replying for me.

Same problems.  I find if I go to full page editor, then preview prior to submitting I can make it work about 70 percent of the time.

Also seems worse with posts that have quoted a previous post in them.

Last edited:
for some reason if you hit preview it will show up in the box below the preview and you can edit............sometimes......................maybe................................on occasion.............................

Same with me.  Have to hit back 4 times to back up one page.  When I click on a link to go to a new page there is alot of activity at the bottom of my browser.  It flashes three or four URL's before the page loads.   I managed to screen capture one of them. Look above and to the right of the Start button.      You can see doubleclick in the the URL if you look close.  Is this part of the problem?

c14e6d49_ScreenCapture.png

This problem has been going on for weeks.  I have to still hit the back button 4 or 5 times to get back to the forum.  This is a pain in the butt, Huddler needs to get the ball rolling, this is unacceptable.

I use to love this site.  Not so much now.  Having to hit back 4 time to backup one page makes it next to impossible to navigate the forums.  And it is this siteNone of the other sites I visit have this problem.  I havn't posted much here but I am here several time a day.  It use to be a great place but I  guess I'll have to find  another place to hang out. 

I know that this issue is being addressed, but sometimes a fix takes longer than others do. Keep in mind that nothing is bulletproof, not even government sites and programs.I hope you can hang in there, this is a great site with so many folks contributing to a mutual enjoyment.If not, I wish you well, and feel free to drop by whenever you wish.

Update,  it is Jan. 8th 12:04 am PST, and the back button is working for me on one click without fail. I'm using IE and EXP Pro.

Last edited:
Still does not work for me.  However I decided to install Monzilla Firefox and try it.  No problems with Firefox yet.  One click to go back.  The back button issue has something to do with the adds at the top and bottom of the page an IE8.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky