I won the giveaway for BG-HHIC...Really like it so far!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
About 10 miles from the blue turf!
I got the digital instant read thermometer and definitely like it. Here it is a nice fold out style with a good size temp display area.

1597270351400.png

The first thing I found out is that unlike some instant reads I used in the past the battery on this one seemed to install pretty easy.
Did an initial test with it and it was a couple of degrees off but used the instructions that came with it to calibrate it. It was easy to do and then checked the temp with some boiling water...SUCCESS!

1597270674568.png

Of course I had to try it out with something to eat as well so a nice little bacon wrapped filet would do. Got a nice acceptable temp...
1597270909031.png

Figured I better show a shot of the food as well...
1597271012120.png

I know I will get a lot of use out of this thermometer. I really like the folding feature as when you open it it automatically turns on and turns off when you close it. Don't have to worry about forgetting to hit the off button after use and risk running down the battery.

A big thanks to Inkbird for giveaway chances like this one! It is very much appreciated.

congrats, it makes it easier to repeat cooks that you like imo.

Reactions: bbqbrett
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky