i take pics of my dinner and my wife laughs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
right on with the cameras...After I dropped the wife's $800 nikon on the floor while getting q-view, I was banned from using it. Cheap little kodak works fine now...Haha

HAHA!! Me too, mates! The wife makes fun and says, "there you go...takin' pictures of your meat again, you big perv"
redface.gif

You might want to re-phrase that lol

And yeah it does ellicit comments. But what I've found is tha I tend to make things I might not have just so I've got some pics to post :-)
Plus you get a recod of what you've cooked and if you start writing down the recipes as well - that's even better :-)

being a member of a couple food based forums I've been taking photos of meals and the preparation of certain dishes for few years now so I've gotten over the issue. My wife doesn't give me a hard time but I'm sure she thinks I'm nuts. While on a trip to Vegas with a friend she emailed me a photo of a dinner at a star chef restaurant. I got a laugh out of that.

Been taking photos to share of musical instruments, cigars, coffee roasting paraphernalia so this isn't really anything different.

My wife laughed at me the first few times as well. But after she saw some of the qvue here over the course of a month or so , she actually ELBOWED me out of the way saying "You can't get a good close up with that little camera , move over "
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

LOL - glad to hear my family isn't the only ones who needed to get used to it. I will take pics of my food no matter where I am as long as it is picture worthy - resturants included - thank goodness for the camera in my phone...

My in laws were merciless in their laughing at me the first time they saw me taking some qview. I told them I was doing an instructional Piece for an on-line How-to BBQ lesson. ( not entirely untrue ) I asked if they would buy a Cookbook without pictures. That shut em up a tiny bit.

My Mother in law said "Oh like a cookbook with pictures." I said "Yes like that, I get lots of money for doing this." ( A huge lie
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
)
That really shut them up.

Well my family already knew I was nuts way before the smokin Pics but I do think it help to confirm exactly where I'm at mentally. It's so funny that now they all get into it and rearrange things and put it on different plates. I've almost got them doing the photo sessions for me. Red actually stopped me from eatin one evening and made me take a picture..... too funny.

The Better Half thinks that it weird enough that I like to sit and stare at the fire all day and make a TON of food for the whole week.. and to take pictures as well any time the door is cracked... is well cracked.

.. a friend I had over who I introduced to smokin .. called me a geek... and asked humoursly if I was gonna post the photos I was taking on-line "later?" I said what do you mean "?later? I already posted the first few.."
(stares at me with unbeleving shock) HAHAHAHA

this is almost the only place where I can get a fix and share this info with people who know how hard it is to get good Q ... KEEP IT UP!!!

CHEERS EARS

--->HBdBBQ

Carol knows she aint going to eat till the camera snaps a few pics. She is used to it now.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I am gettin' the hang a bit better about posting pictures here. Doing something and it turning out right is rare enough . need PLENTY of witnesses..
Few of us would really bother to do it if we still used the film type cameras. '' Tecnology sux'' is a phrase I have used a lot in the past but
now I have to admit that sometimes it IS a good thing.
When we bought our first digital camera [a year ago] my wife, Dwarf,
kept telling me to make sure I knew what size film it takes.. Thought I was pullin her chain until I took a pic of her and put it on my desktop.LOL..
I still got it.. with her givin me the old ridgid didgit.. actually I am a big
fan of the pics in the building process of the smokers.. Hemi..
points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky