I suppose this makes me a veal? New to the forum!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

porkpatrol

Original poster
Sep 28, 2016
Flemington NJ
Hi everyone! I want to start off by stating that I am one of the last people to join a forum. However, after being gifted a Masterbuilt 30 inch digital smoker (and purchasing the cold smoke kit which is en-route to me), I did some extensive searching online and found this really helpful and supportive community. You make a newbie feel quite welcome and I am eager to learn all you have to offer!
My name is Phil, I'm 28 years old and I enjoy making whatever I can. My day-to-day job is awesome, but I miss the feeling of creating. I like to build and program Halloween props and animations using microcontrollers and the like. I am a leathercrafter, hand-stitching items for close friends and family. I am an avid eater, and I love to cook and feed people. I really think that food is a universal language...what better way to combine all of my interests than smoking meat. Thanks for all of the anticipated help, I look forward to meeting you all!

Welcome. You'll love this forum. Lots of building and modifying!

If you're into holiday decorations, there is an amazing forum for Christmas lighting where they have developed their own programming language and often do "group buys" for the components and large quantities of their own custom circuit boards for the drivers and computer interfaces to operate mass quantities of lights, etc., to synchronize it all to music or other programs.

A guy I know had me assemble a number of the boards for him one time, and they were quite well thought-out. I joined that forum just to see what was going on, and found it to be pretty amazing. The very same software and hardware would work for any holiday displays, of course.

I've learned a lot about smokers, techniques, recipes, food safety, etc., here. It's a great community!

Welcome again.

Tabbed in.

Reactions: porkpatrol
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky