I Started a Smoke House!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigdean65

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Collinsville, OK
I started a smoke house build not long ago... I was inspired by some of the great looking smoke house's I have seen on here! 
yahoo.gif

I actually started last fall, but due to some health issues and new job responsibilities this got off to a slow start.  I am now back on track and it is going well.

Reactions: rabbithutch
That is EXACTLY what I have been considering! 
icon_smile.gif

I originally considered some sort of chimney, but have been leaning more towards the vents.

In my opinion, they appear to be a lot more functional.

Thanks!!! 
thumb1.gif

They also keep creosote from dripping on your food when mounted on the walls.....   That's a good thing...
I hadn't thought about that... good to know! 

Thanks!!! 
icon_biggrin.gif

I think I am going to put two of the vents in... one on the front and one on the back. 

I figure with two... I should be able to adjust the airflow a little better with them being adjustable.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky