• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I Started a Smoke House!

bigdean65

Joined Dec 18, 2011

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
.......    I'm in.......

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks like this is going to be a good one!

Al

idahopz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 9, 2015
Very cool - I like seeing all the creative ways folks use to build smoke houses - no two exactly alike

bigdean65

Joined Dec 18, 2011
That is EXACTLY what I have been considering! 

I originally considered some sort of chimney, but have been leaning more towards the vents.

In my opinion, they appear to be a lot more functional.

Thanks!!! 

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
They also keep creosote from dripping on your food when mounted on the walls.....   That's a good thing...

bigdean65

Joined Dec 18, 2011

They also keep creosote from dripping on your food when mounted on the walls.....   That's a good thing...
I hadn't thought about that... good to know! 

Thanks!!! 

I think I am going to put two of the vents in... one on the front and one on the back. 

I figure with two... I should be able to adjust the airflow a little better with them being adjustable.

Last edited:

poultryman

Joined Sep 15, 2016
That looks good bigdean. I'm new to smoking. Your making my mind wander in this direction for the future! Thanks for sharing

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.