I need a hobby

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
harborcreek,pa
After many many hours on the smf site i just saw that i am now over 1000 posts!!!! I think i need a hobby to get me away from my addiction!!!! My wife thinks i'm insane and the dog sits and looks at me with droopy eyes wanting to play!! I am constantaly

looking at new ways to smoke and differant flavors to try. And reading through all the great threads and qview is so inspiring

and helpful i just can't help myself but to be on here!!! Smf has really helped me with my Qing and being confidant in what i am doing!

So just a quick Thank you to all the members who work so hard on the site itself and all who post and keep the site so

interesting!!!!!Keep up all the great work!!!

Thanks again---les

Les, my problem is just the opposite, I don't have much time, days go by between when I'm able to look, but I agree with you, the knowledge and friendly camaraderie have taken me from a meat burner to producing excellent meals and an opportunity to see and learn how it's done outside of my tiny bubble.

I too say thank you SMF and to all of the posters that share their knowledge and experience.

Gene

Last edited:
Les, I don't think you need another hobby to get you away from SMF, I don't care how sad the dog looks! ( Not saying anything about your wife).  I know that I have personally enjoyed your post and Q-View and although I have not read all 1000 post yet, I am sure I will try to get to as many of them as I can.  It is people like you who keep SMF interesting and informative and if it were not, SMF would be just another website that did not attract the many fine people like yourself and all of the other great people we find here.  Just kiss your wife and pat the dog on the head and keep posting.  I for one will continue to look forward to your post.  Keep up the good work and it won't take you quite so long to get to 2000 as you thought it would.

Your Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Les, I don't think you need another hobby to get you away from SMF, I don't care how sad the dog looks! ( Not saying anything about your wife).  I know that I have personally enjoyed your post and Q-View and although I have not read all 1000 post yet, I am sure I will try to get to as many of them as I can.  It is people like you who keep SMF interesting and informative and if it were not, SMF would be just another website that did not attract the many fine people like yourself and all of the other great people we find here.  Just kiss your wife and pat the dog on the head and keep posting.  I for one will continue to look forward to your post.  Keep up the good work and it won't take you quite so long to get to 2000 as you thought it would.

Your Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif
Thanks Barry, You are also a great member to have here along with a BUNCH more! I do really like posting here and reading everyone elses post too. Very soon my time will be limited as my winter break will be over and will once again be working 80+ hours

a week!! Then its time for the quick smokes at night just to keep my head screwed on straight untill i have time for some longer ones again!

Thanks Barry, You are also a great member to have here along with a BUNCH more! I do really like posting here and reading everyone elses post too. Very soon my time will be limited as my winter break will be over and will once again be working 80+ hours

a week!! Then its time for the quick smokes at night just to keep my head screwed on straight untill i have time for some longer ones again!
LOL---Darn Grapes just won't wait !!!

Congrats on the Thousand!------All Great ones too!

Bear

I started making my own wine about a year and half ago. Been on a wine making forum for about same time. That has quickly turned into an obsestion from just hobby. Can't wait til I get my smoker built cause Ill have two obsestions.. I will not spend twice the time on forums and research.. My GF will not like the amount of money I am going to be spending between the two of these..

Last edited:
Way to go Les, you've been a great contributor here. 2000 is just a couple of keystrokes away.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky