I love the smell of ground up,chunked and spiced pork!! New Sunday pic...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
Made another batch of andouille.

Took the highly esteemed Mr Blanchers advice and stepped up the fat some and changed to hot paprika.

Off to the smoker tomorrow.

Have a great day!!

Craig

49d7d482_002.jpg

Man,  who are you feeding with all that sausage making going on?  You must really like the in-laws giving them all that sausage! 

I have officially filled my chest freezer and two refrigerator freezers since receiving my new Lang last week.   Ribs, butts, turkey, chicken, Rick's breakfast sausage, 35lbs bacon.  Kind of hoping the lousy weather hangs around a while so I can eat some of that stuff up. 

As always looks good Craig, let me know if you notice the taste difference. 

You doing the 150 - 160 degree smoke and then the kick up to 225 or just doing 225 from the beginning? 

Al

Man,  who are you feeding with all that sausage making going on?  You must really like the in-laws giving them all that sausage! 

I have officially filled my chest freezer and two refrigerator freezers since receiving my new Lang last week.   Ribs, butts, turkey, chicken, Rick's breakfast sausage, 35lbs bacon.  Kind of hoping the lousy weather hangs around a while so I can eat some of that stuff up. 

As always looks good Craig, let me know if you notice the taste difference. 

You doing the 150 - 160 degree smoke and then the kick up to 225 or just doing 225 from the beginning? 

Al
Just feeding the 2 of us and my 2 sons when they show up (not often).

I am saving some of each batch to bring to the Gathering to throw in the mudbug pot.

I start out at 100 no smoke to get them dry. Then up to 130 and  smoke for a few hours then 150 til the amazen runs out. Then 180 til they hit 155 IT.

I am looking for some sugar cane to add to the smoke. Heard they have it at H-Mart.

Have a great day!!

Craig

Last edited:
Never done that but it was in Folse's recipe if I remember correctly.  I'll stop and pick some up off the side of the road for you next time I go to Lafayette.

Al

Great looking sausages, Craig!  Isn't it sooo much better eating the stuff you make?!

"And they're off!!!"

One hour of drying time at 100.

Amazen loaded with pecan at 130 now.

Filled 3 lanes and 1 seperate.

Fired off the 3 lane and the 1.  (2 lanes burning)

Plenty of smoke to get started.

Have a great day!!

Craig

2b2fc42b_001.jpg

Looking great Craig !!!!

I like your heating & smoking plan too.

You've come a long way in a very short time!!!  Been making some awesome stuff!

Don't forget to give us a couple pics of a couple sliced open!

Thanks,

Bear

These look great guys! I made some anduille last month and was not happy with it. Is it possible to post a link or PM me with the recipes that you guys like best. Thanks Ryan

Last edited:
Turned out pretty spicey!! Yummie!

6 hours smoke time,then a cold bath and an hour racked with the fan.

The sliced pictures always look a lot better after a few days of fridge time.

Have a great day!!

Craig

cd0e5c34_004.jpg

Great looking sausage man - glad it is working out so well for you

Thanks for the kind words.

The Woman sez it's the best so far.

What I find most interesting is what a difference in taste comes from small adjustments in the spices. (10 lbs meat)

An extra tsp of cayenne and changing to hot paprika (1 tbs) Changed the flavor and stepped up the heat a good bit.

After a night in the fridge it tastes great. I am a happy guy!!

Have a great day!!

Craig

Last edited:
Those look sweet Craig, I think you've  mastered that sausage, and your recipe will be the one I use when I get to making andouille  .

Nice work!

Turned out pretty spicey!! Yummie!

6 hours smoke time,then a cold bath and an hour racked with the fan.

The sliced pictures always look a lot better after a few days of fridge time.

Have a great day!!

Craig

cd0e5c34_004.jpg
That's what I'm talking about!!!

Left click on that pic & zoom in!!!----But cover your keyboard first!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky