I love back ribs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MattQ

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 16, 2018
And I love beef.

But I have never cooked beef back ribs. And they have some in our local Kroger on a regular basis. I’m going to cook some this weekend. Will use my mostly salt/pepper rub that I usually use on brisket. Has a bit of garlic and onion and cumin. So I think I’m ok there.

What should I expect from cook times? Similar to pork? Shorter? Longer? Wrap?

Any suggestions appreciated.

MQ,Wish I could help you ! I've never seen beef back ribs in this neck of the woods. All I find around here are beef bones w/scraps of meat passing as ribs.

I did some a while back and you have to take them up to 203IT to get them like you want them. Took about 6 hrs or so but go with temp and tenderness.

Thanks for the advice, guys!

Bought the ribs today. They’re not the full back, but rather the end of the back ribs......abt 3-4 inches long. So we will see. Another ‘test rack’. Told the wife we may need a backup plan.

i do beef back ribs all the time. 3-2-1 works, but i take a different approach. I like to lightly coat them in Worcestershire sauce (just enough to cover them) and then coat in my favorite steak seasoning/rub. (Montreal , for example) let sit the fridge overnight. then i put them on the smoker at a higher heat (usually the hottest part of my smoker) around 275-300 degrees and let go for 3.5- 4 hours (no wrap) maybe turning them over once after a couple of hours. then once they come off the smoker i let rest for 30 minutes and then its steak on a stick!

Happy Smoking (beef),
phatbac (Aaron)

Hope mine turn out half as good as those look, Aaron! They just hit the 250 grill. Used a bit of mustard with a simple salt, pepper, garlic and onion rub. Planning on 3-2-whentheyredone.

Finished product.

I overcooked them a bit. Actually, a lot. Had a lot of bone showing, and they were dead fall off the bone. The samples below were the only 3 ribs that stayed on when I cut them. However, since my wife likes fall off the bone, she thought they were great. And I enjoyed the finger food nature of them. The taste was excellent.

So all in all, not a terrible cook, but not the best, either.
18361CC7-51C1-4C38-B842-AE093F25496D.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky