I like meat...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

agent309

Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Noblesville, IN
By like, i mean love.  Meat. Grilled, BBQ'd, Roasted in the oven, slathered in sauce, sitting on a bed of roasted potatoes, mac n cheese, Texas Toast...  Just about anything as long as it has Meat.

Howdy, I'm Rick.  Looks like I found a pretty good place here.  I am getting on in years now, and decided I wanted to try cooking things a little longer, a little slower, and taking some more time to drink beer and smoke cigars while I was waiting on it.  Thus, the purchase of a CG Smoking Pro.

Found this site when I was looking for modification ideas for it, and well, there are many here.  Like many here, I'm not going all out on my mods, but the 3 main ones seem appropriate (extend flu, invert charcoal basket in main barrel, build charcoal basket for SFB).

Maybe I'll experiment with some steel I have laying around with baffling, but I think the inverted basket is the way to go for me.

Looking forward to trying some of the receipes, rubs, etc, and coming up with some of my own versions.

Thanks for making such a great community resource.

welcome1.gif
   Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to  your first qview. 
icon14.gif

I was curious about it also.  I figured it was some fancy smoking lingo I don't get to find out about until I master brisket. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky