• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I just bought a new smoker...getting a lang 36!!!

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Jun 11, 2013

You're going to love her.Just a word of warning, be sure to secure your smoker.Been several stolen I know of lately.
Thanks, I do have her in a locked garage, but honestly how is someone going to steal a 650 lbs smoker that isn't on a trailer? 

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

freiesleben

Meat Mopper
Apr 15, 2015

thank you!

I'm not familiar with the Assassin but i know gravity feed smokers make some good Q. I looked at a lot of different smoker and i really wanted another offset and really wanted reverse flow so i went with what i think is Cadillac for reverse flow. Others may differ but I'm happy to get the smoker i wanted and that's the main thing!

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)
Yeah my gravity feed smoker makes some good Q, but I do not get the same nice smoke flavor as the stick burners I would think :)

But I think I have a ban for buying more smokers now :) I have both an WSM and a Assassin 24. But I am happy with both and do need anything at the moment. 

All the best

Soren

twoalpha

Smoking Fanatic
Nov 20, 2014
Arron

I see you got your new Lang. Concrats.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

If you have any questions I can help with let me know.

Larry

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Jun 11, 2013

Arron

I see you got your new Lang. Concrats.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

If you have any questions I can help with let me know.

Larry
Thanks Larry!

yea we had a great tax time this year so my wife said i want you to have it you have wanted it so long. She is a great wife to help me get a mistress (the smoker)! 

phatbac (Aaron)

cats49er

Meat Mopper
Feb 11, 2015

Thanks, I do have her in a locked garage, but honestly how is someone going to steal a 650 lbs smoker that isn't on a trailer? 

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)
Some of these guys that pick up and sell scrape metal have trailers and it is usually it 2 or 3 of them working together.If they steal the copper out of air conditioner off the top of buildings.Then 2 or 3 men with a trailer or even a truck could have a 650 lb smoker loaded and gone in just a couple of moments.But in your case you have it locked in a garage. Just trying to give you a heads up.

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Jun 11, 2013

Some of these guys that pick up and sell scrape metal have trailers and it is usually it 2 or 3 of them working together.If they steal the copper out of air conditioner off the top of buildings.Then 2 or 3 men with a trailer or even a truck could have a 650 lb smoker loaded and gone in just a couple of moments.But in your case you have it locked in a garage. Just trying to give you a heads up.
thank you for the heads up...i guess i don't think like a lowlife! i would have never considered that scenario. people will do anything to get something for nothing.

Well i will keep her locked up and bring her out to make meat!

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
Apr 4, 2013
Sorry for coming late, congrats on your new arrival. She is a sweetie, Black Betty.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 3, 2013
Very fancy Aaron. That cooking machine will last you a lifetime!  Cant wait to see all those great meals! b

meat peeker

Fire Starter
Feb 5, 2016
I too am about 2 weeks into my new Lang 36. Pretty exciting isn't it?! I wanna quit my job and just smoke sh!t. Here's to the journey. :beercheer:

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Jun 11, 2013
I too am about 2 weeks into my new Lang 36. Pretty exciting isn't it?! I wanna quit my job and just smoke sh!t. Here's to the journey.
beercheer.gif
I know exactly how you feel! Congrats on the new Lang 36! I have had two small cooks already and it all i want to do! I will have some major qview from this weekend's smoke (19# packer brisket).  

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
Clicky