I hit the jackpot!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DinkyDoodleDoo

Original poster
Nov 4, 2019
What are the odds that I'd sit down at a small neighborhood bar and strike up a conversation with a guy who works for a major collagen casing manufacturer? He said he could give me all the free samples I could use. :)

While we're on the subject, what would be the best collagen casing for making kabanosy? 19mm smoked casings? I've made them with sheep casings (expensive and fiddly) but not collagen. How do you get a nice snap from them? I've only made breakfast links with collagen casings, and they were very tender/delicate.

• Haha
Reactions: tallbm and negolien
Outside of snack stick i have no experience with collagen. (I don't like collagen in snack sticks due to the chew.)
Fortunate find. I hope you have fun making various products.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky