I have the fridge...Now what?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

auggie1969

Original poster
Dec 9, 2009
I found and purchsed ($40) a 1951 GE refridgerator. All metal/porceline inside and out. I don't think I will need to do any additional metal work excpet the bottom to deflect heat and drippings. What's my next step? This is my first try at a homemade smoker. I currently have a MES and I use a Smoke Pistol for the smoke. I have seen some good and bad reviews of the pistol but I love the thing. I need to provide the heat inside the fridge. Should only need a range of 110* to 250*. I have seen some very simple set ups and some very complicated set ups. Looking for ideas so I can set the temp and let'er smoke. I appreciate any help.

Nothing to add here, I am in the same boat. Okay, I guess I will add a question. If I use an electric heating element used for the Brinkman electric conversion, is there a way to control the amount of heat? I know one option is to use a PID controller or thermostat with a remote bulb sensor, but that is an expence I cant take on yet, but want to in the future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky