• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I have an old smoker. I cleaned all the rust from the inside and tried to wash the smoker, but the water just lays in the bottom of the grill.

LarryT

Joined May 12, 2021
I cleaned all the rust from the inside and tried to wash the smoker, but the water just lays in the bottom of the grill. Should I drill a hole in the bottom?

mike243

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
Welcome to the site, do you have a shop vac? I wouldn't drill any holes in it, lay it over? then build a fire in it to dry it out

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
Mine has a weep hole. What kind of smoker?

Colin1230

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 18, 2021
I would drill a hole but would keep in mind how to catch the grease. Also, welcome to the forum Larry.

PPG1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2020
Like they said above...Welcome to SMF from Coastal South Carolina

unclebubbas bbq

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 26, 2013
Add a ball valve to the bottom for clean out, you don't want your smoker to drip grease on your deck or patio

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.