I have a question for you.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ozark rt

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 25, 2007
North Arkansas
The dentist my wife works for has just built and moved into a new office. As an office warming present I was thinking of sending a food tray but wanted to be a bit more personal than just picking up the old deli/cheese tray from the grocery. So what would you guys recommend? Whether it is something smoked, not smoked, or a combination thereof. Thank you very much for any and all suggestions.

Richard

Well first I would quetion the wife on the eating habits of the office. Some people are some strange eaters. My wifes office are big eater and my BBQ is a really good mix with them. I would go with a variety of smoked foods. Maybe some Pulled pork, maybe a Fattie sliced, and then some of what ever you do really good. You will becomne a GOD very quickly believe me.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I agree with the above statement...find out more about them. Don't "blow the stack" all at once...keep them wanting more! Give a sampler and not enough to feed everyone (a trick I once learned) That way someone is bragging to another who didnt get some, and they in turn would be willing to pay to get theirs! Works as a great bartering tool!

My wife manages a medical office. A lot of times the ladies that work there are finicky eaters. I would consider keeping it light with stuff like chicken breast chunks, some softly smoked veggies, sliced ham, and maybe some cheese if you can cold smoke.

Here is what you do ~ Get a lady to call and talk to the Office by Phone and tell them they won a catered meal plate with free delivery . Then just let her kinda take orders and walla ~ You have a menu . You will be a hero .
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
Be sure to give the person talking enough info to keep things within reson for your self . Good Luck

You could cold smoke some cheese and cube it if you have the 2 weeks time to let it properly rest.
A very unique appetizer that is absolutely delicious is to take a pepper shooter (marinated cherry peppers stuffed with aged provolone and proscuitto, wrap them in sausage and smoke, you won't believe how good they are.
Along with cubed cheese you could make your own pastrami, maybe even make little pastrami sammies with your own homemade strami.
Roast beef, honey smoked turkey, double smoked ham, they could all be done on a deli type tray or into little sandwiches or wraps.

Here's what I would do:

1. Cut a green pepper in half and fill it with bleu cheese and put in the middle.
2. ABT's
3. Smoked buffalo wings
4. A couple kinds of smoked cheese cubes
5. Celery
6. Carrots
7. Cauliflower

A little something for everyone, some smoked, some spicy, some healthy and mild.

Depending on how much you are willing to spend...

Smoke ribs, cut into single bone appetizer style serving, make a pot of bbq beans.

or

Smoke pork butt for pulled pork, serve on slider buns, with cold slaw, and your pot of beans on the side.

or

Smoke chicken for pulled chicken, serve on slider buns with cold slaw, and your pot of beans.

Instead of beans you can do some kind of warm salad, ladies would appreciate it.

All of these suggestions sound good. I think you really want to follow mine though. I suggest that you smoke some ABT's, a butt, two racks of spares, a rack of baby backs & one Briskett. Add to that a fattie filled with onions, cheese & whatever other vegetable you want to throw in. Then send it all to me for sampling. (Don't foget to include dental floss.) I will determine which items you should include & which you should leave out. Now, you should get on that right away as the drool from my lips are lonely just thinking about all that delicious meat you are about to send me. PM me for the address. That won't be a problem.

Thanks for the responses guys. A lot of good ideas that I can work with there. Sircave I'll make you a better deal, the next time you're in the Arkansas Ozarks let me know and I'll smoke 'em up then sit down & eat 'em with you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky