I forgot to post this last week.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
Scream'in deal on Tri Tips.

Right now I don't have the freezer space so I had to pass. Im just posting it to prove that T.T. is at times cheaper than burger and brisket.

Attachments

• 20201103_151625.jpg
    20201103_151625.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 20
When we lived in Elk Grove there were time Raley's would have bags with 5-6 TT's in them going for $2.49 a pound, used to cook one every week. Haven't had a tri since we moved a year and a half ago, not that far, can't figure why they cost so much more here in AZ. RAY

Heck, about worth getting a small Chest Freezer just to store TT at that price!...JJ

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
Its weird at certain times of the yr beef is almost as inexpensive as pork out here.
Heck, remember when flank steak used to be super cheap? The same was true with T.T. butchers couldn't sell it, so they ground it up into burger. I love both but I sure as hell won't be buying flank steak at $6-$8 per pound.

They had some whopper 5+ pound T.T. that day as well, as much as I love T.T. I just don't have the room this time of yr after fishing season salmon, halibut and the beginning of crabbing waterfowl season I need to be making room not add more to the freezer. LOL

So what you guys and gal's seeing at bargain prices right now?

Heck, about worth getting a small Chest Freezer just to store TT at that price!...JJ
I have four freezers already five if the one in the kitchen counts. Between fish, fowl, wild game and one freezer dedicated to crab bait which can be anything including diver duck carcasses albacore, salmon heads carcasses and whole squid and anchovies, we go through a lot of bait. LOL
2020-11-11 15.15.46.jpg

It is hard to pass up at those prices that's for sure but the sale will be back after Thanksgiving if history repeats itself.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky