Hydroponics Growing System Indoors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I still trying to figure out what I going to do. I like the Rise Garden but pretty pricy. Have you tried tomatoes in yours?
Rise recommends growing the cherry tomato-sized tomatoes since full sized ones will quickly outgrow the garden. I've had great success with the mini Siam tomatoes Rise sells but have to keep up with pruning them or they will take over a full shelf. They're also very thirsty.

Attachments

• PXL_20230211_145550547.jpg
    PXL_20230211_145550547.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 9
If you were going to grow tomatoes indoor you would have to do a lot of trimming. In my pictures from page one the bottom two tubs had 6 type of cherry and one regular tomato.

On the plus side I got a good plate full of tomatoes every day. Parents, friends and co-workers got their fill.

hydro_tomatoes3.jpg

hydro_tomatoes4.jpg

Reactions: BXMurphy
Brian , I have 3 aero garden Harvest 6 pods each .
I finally got something for herbs. I know 12 probably not going to work but figure until things get bigger I will decide than. I looking at couple little bigger ones to do some pepper plants but just not sure how they would do? Wish I could afford that Rise.

IMG_20230329_083426099_HDR.jpg

Brian,
Cool looking gadget. I've been thinking about trying one for a while myself.
Keep us updated if you think about it.

I finally got something for herbs. I know 12 probably not going to work but figure until things get bigger I will decide than. I looking at couple little bigger ones to do some pepper plants but just not sure how they would do? Wish I could afford that Rise.

View attachment 661614
I can get this one for $39.99 on Amazon and the 8 pod for $27.59....my knockoff I have going the led light is glitching after 2 years

I finally got something for herbs.
Brain , is that a seed starter or an actual garden ? Maybe it has different plates you can buy for it . I would plant the corners and maybe one in the middle . Transplant some stuff in pots .
I like to have :
Dill
Basil
Rosemary
sage
Chives
I had to dry most of it . Once it gets going and you take some cuttings , it goes crazy .
Looks like a great setup bud . Keep us posted .

Brain , is that a seed starter or an actual garden ? Maybe it has different plates you can buy for it . I would plant the corners and maybe one in the middle . Transplant some stuff in pots .
I like to have :
Dill
Basil
Rosemary
sage
Chives
I had to dry most of it . Once it gets going and you take some cuttings , it goes crazy .
Looks like a great setup bud . Keep us posted .
It is the TILTOP Hydroponics Growing System 12 Pods Indoor Herb Garden with 36W LED Grow Light. Figured give me an idea whether I want to do this or not.

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks like a good one . I just asked because I can get a seed starter for mine that has more holes .
You're gonna like it I bet .
I like the size of the one Brian has, 16" wide. I could seed start them all then when transplanted maybe use 5 for herbs year round.

Brian, I just ordered the 12 pot system, need the room for more seeds. On a side note my Naga Brain ghost pepper seeds just sprouted in my other hydroponic.

I did see the negative reviews, if it starts doing that then back it goes
Make sure you get the food dissolved good before putting in. I think that was caused it. This is message from seller:
Here are some possible causes of this situation: 1.Plant food is not completely melted. 2.The pump rotates abnormally inside, touches the casing causing noise. Based on the above factors, you can: 1. Shake the plant food bottle well to dissolve it completely. 2.Disassemble the pump, clean it and reinstall it, I've attached a picture to help you. If neither of these solutions solves your problem, please get back to me. Best Regards, TILTOP

1680445389808.png

Make sure you get the food dissolved good before putting in. I think that was caused it. This is message from seller:
Here are some possible causes of this situation: 1.Plant food is not completely melted. 2.The pump rotates abnormally inside, touches the casing causing noise. Based on the above factors, you can: 1. Shake the plant food bottle well to dissolve it completely. 2.Disassemble the pump, clean it and reinstall it, I've attached a picture to help you. If neither of these solutions solves your problem, please get back to me. Best Regards, TILTOP

View attachment 661847
At least they responded, I have a quart of liquid food that I am going to use anyway. - Thanks

I like the size of the one Brian has, 16" wide. I could seed start them all then when transplanted maybe use 5 for herbs year round.
I can get a different plate for mine that is made for starting the seeds then transplanting . The one that fits mine has 23 holes . They come with a different " sponge " that keeps the roots contained so you can pull them out easier to transplant .

I need to try to get the Jalapeno out of mine and in a pot so I can get it in the ground outside .

I can get a different plate for mine that is made for starting the seeds then transplanting . The one that fits mine has 23 holes . They come with a different " sponge " that keeps the roots contained so you can pull them out easier to transplant .

I need to try to get the Jalapeno out of mine and in a pot so I can get it in the ground outside .
yeah I saw that but the Aerogarden costs much more, was cheaper to buy the one Brian has as the second one.

Yeah , I'm not promoting the aero garden . Just joining in the conversation . Be watching what you guys do . Just interested . I transplanted the reapers last year after they had grown to many roots . Had to cut a bunch off . Took them a while to get going outside , but they did good . Hoping for the same out of this Jalapeno . It's over a year old .

Yeah , I'm not promoting the aero garden . Just joining in the conversation . Be watching what you guys do . Just interested . I transplanted the reapers last year after they had grown to many roots . Had to cut a bunch off . Took them a while to get going outside , but they did good . Hoping for the same out of this Jalapeno . It's over a year old .
No worries, it probably is a much better system. I had one pre-led and used a florescent bulb. I used that until the bulbs were no longer available or worth it to replace. I am sure these cheapie ones I am using might only go about 2-3 years before something glitches out. I need to learn how to manage the herbs so they last longer, They usually get so big that we have to massively prune them.

I need to learn how to manage the herbs so they last longer, They usually get so big that we have to massively prune them.
Yeah . That becomes a problem . I bought these " Herb savers " . They're against the wall . White tube looking thing with a clear door . Water goes in the bottom then you put the cuttings in there . They last about a week . The basil used to sprout roots .
I bought canisters and started drying the stuff too .
1680451220710.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky