• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hunk of leftover ham

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
So we had scalloped potatoes and ham last week that means leftover ham. So then what to do with the extra ham? I decided to spin it over some hickory and serve with a sauce made from peaches and peach nectar. I cooked down the peaches juices and the nectar thickened with cornstarch and water added some brown sugar and the chopped peaches then added just a touch of mustard to tone down the sweetness. All in all a good dinner.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Wow. That looks great. That sauce sound very good.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
b that looks good reminds me of,last nights dinner LOL dbl. smoked ham w mac & Cheese

Richie

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That's a great looking dinner!!!

Bet it was good!

Al

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
b that looks good reminds me of,last nights dinner LOL dbl. smoked ham w mac & Cheese
Richie
Thanks Richie,must have missed you post!:biggrin: I was thinking of Mac and cheese but we have a bunch of taters to use up!

betaboy

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 29, 2016
I've never had that combination before, but that does sound/look mighty fine!

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
I've never had that combination before, but that does sound/look mighty fine!
Thanks Betaboy, I just heard about John Henry summer peach rub in another post I'm planning on checking that out.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
That sauce looks and sounds fantastic. I've done it with peaches but never thought about adding pears.gotta try that.

Gary

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
No pears here? Let us know how it goes if you do it.
HaHa. Apparently I should wear my reading glasses. Could have sworn you mixed the peaches with pear nector. Oh well. Maybe I'll try it anyway.

Gary

remsr

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 8, 2014
You have my attention, dang! That looks and sounds good.
Randy,

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.