Hunan Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Doing my part to continue the Asian theme Robert started. First off let me say I should of done this outside! Hunan Beef my favorite Asian dish. Looked at flank steak at store and to $$$. Like Robert said I don't like thin steaks and had couple thin Ribeye's in freezer for over 2 years so figured pull one for this. Glad I did. I cut the Ribeye thin on a bias than marinaded in this for 6 hours.

IMG_20230116_162532821.jpg

Cut up some red onion, red bell, orange bell, jalapeno and mushrooms. First in was the meat. Man this Wok is hot!

IMG_20230116_161542468.jpg IMG_20230116_161545385_HDR.jpg

Next the cut up vegs

IMG_20230116_161818568.jpg

Had some frozen broccoli next. Still had some crunch than everything back in and put sauce and red pepper flakes. Used some Private Selection® Spicy Hunan Style Stir Fry Sauce. The ribeye was out of this world tender and flavor! Just can't believe how good it was. The whole dish was very good but that meat was the star. I have enough to do this again tomorrow. Stir Fry should be a weekly thing.

IMG_20230116_162342684_HDR.jpg IMG_20230116_162351349.jpg

Last edited:
Looks delicious Brian!! No doubt Asian is the then the last week or so. You did it justice. I tell you I’m not sure where we’d be without G Hughes sauces and marinades!!

Man Brian this looks awesome. Really good looking Wok you have there as well!

Nice Job Brian, the Asian theme is on my mid too, I love the SF G Hughes sauces, is that the only sauce you used in this?

Killer! Loving the Asian theme and you definitely brought your A game! Beautiful meal, awesome work!

Looks delicious Brian!! No doubt Asian is the then the last week or so. You did it justice. I tell you I’m not sure where we’d be without G Hughes sauces and marinades!!
Thanks Jeff.
nice thanks for sharing bet that would be good with some bachans
Thanks
Fantastic looking dish! I loved Chinese cuisine but never heard of Hunan beef before... On my list to do this week....
Thanks. Its a spicy beef dish and the sauce is really good.
Looks very delicious, another bookmark to try!!
Thanks
I sure read that one wrong.
Ha
Great looking dish, Brian!
Thanks Derek
Man Brian this looks awesome. Really good looking Wok you have there as well!
Thanks Fred. It has a flat bottom. I bought it to use on induction burner but the handle so heavy it tips a little unless you hold it.
Looks good to me! Like!
Thanks Keith
That's a beautiful plate of food Brian!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan
Nice Job Brian, the Asian theme is on my mid too, I love the SF G Hughes sauces, is that the only sauce you used in this?
Thanks Cliff. I used Private Selection® Spicy Hunan Style Stir Fry Sauce
Killer! Loving the Asian theme and you definitely brought your A game! Beautiful meal, awesome work!
Thanks Jed

Man Brian, that looks really, really good. A truly outstanding Asian themed meal if I've ever seen one. For the sake of keeping the trend going, this is what I made Sunday for dinner. Spicy sweet and sour meatballs. This was really good also...but I't trade with you in a second :emoji_laughing:
007.jpg

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky