HUGE ERROR!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
I put this under grilling tips because they don't have a section for dumb ass! I threw down a rack of spares yesterday. I was using the Weber kettle instead of the stick burner. Hooked up my trusty ChefAlarm grate thermometer and when the temp got to 250 I threw em on. After an hour I peaked. Dang I thought! They seem to be cooking faster than normal. I went about my business and came back after 2.5 hours. When I lifted the lid I was shocked! Rack was as black as the remote for the TV. What the hell happened I said. Threw em out and kept thinking about what went wrong. This morning round 2. Same Weber, same ChefAlarm but I put on my READING GLASSES this time and I noticed the ChefAlarm was switched to Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. I will never make that mistake again. Ribs smoking at 482 degrees won't work unless you like the looks of an old tire! Take care all and keep on smokin!!

Don't feel bad . I've done the same thing . I have an instant read with external button to switch it . Just picking it up changes the value . I always see if mine is close to room temp when I fire it up .

Don't feel bad...we all have our moments! I'm sure I'll have plenty more myself

Ryan

Reactions: Hawging It
I cant read anything without my reading glasses. we are all human. I once added 2 TABLE SPOONS of salt to a recipe that called for 2 TEASPOONS. that went to the can.

I had 28 lbs of butts on Friday night to pull early Saturday morning for a dinner after 1 of my best friends moms funeral, we lost him right before Christmas and still cant believe it, had my InkBird 6x alarms set I thought for 204 and grate alarm 200-280 , forgot a step that actually turned them on, awoke at 3 am and had 205-208 reading, was lucky I didn't sleep till 6.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky