• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Howdy!

crowd pleaser

Joined Sep 1, 2016
First time on this forum and wanted say 'hey'! I lay my hat in Jonesboro Ga.  I'm no stranger to bbq forums....... For almost 10 years I was a part of 2 fairly well known forums. Got a little burned out for various reasons and decided to take a break. Decided to get back in the saddle and give you guys a 'look-see'.
 I got bit by the smokin' bug back in 1997 and haven't recovered yet. I do 'small time' catering...meaning, I jump at the first opportunity when someone asks if I can cook for them.  I cook mostly for the attorneys I work for and my church (those are freebees) and a few friends. I started out with a Chargriller that lasted almost 7 yrs....I replaced it with a 'give-away 24"x48" Pitts & Spitts...which I cooked on it for about a year before I decided to purchase a mobile 30"x48" w/30"x30" upright pit from Southwest Smoker ( aka Superior Welding) I needed a smaller cooker for the house and got a hand-me-down WSM from a friend for $100......then I acquired a 24"x48" Patio cooker from Maxey Fabrication...., built 2 UDS (55 gallon and an 85 gallon),...went on Craigslist and got two 22" Weber Kettles and a smaller Weber kettle for $140 (all in very good shape)......oh.... and a 6 burner gas grill.
. So that's my arsenal. But not for long.......I'm about to scrap/sell all of them, except for my mobile pit, the WSM and the gas grill. I am about to purchase 2 cookers from Shirley Fabrication. I went down there last Saturday and talked to Tyler (he's a great guy). Once he gets back to me with a quote.....I'll send in my check, and then I'll wait. (until next year
) I'll be getting a 48"x36" Vertical smoker (basically the warmer box on top of the firebox... on casters) Initially it was going to be a 48"x48", but I downsized. It will have 5 racks in it. The other will be for my weekends and the smaller cooks...it's a 30"x30" vertical (same as the 48") with 4 racks. So there you have it. My name is Crowd Pleaser, and I have a bbq addiction.....I don't need any help....I can kick this habit on my own...but thanks for your concern.

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009

to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Sounds like you will fit in nicely here!

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.