Howdy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

togna bologna

Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
Austin, TX
Well I guess if half of my Google searches lead me to this forum I should probably go ahead and join!

My name is Tony (rhymes with bologna), and I'm in Austin, TX.

I'm working my way up the ranks of smokers, I started years ago with a Brinkman, moved up(?) to a New Braunfels vertical and recently sucked it up and bought an Old Country Wrangler.

So far so good, needs a little modification in the way of thermometer placement and possibly some extra heat distribution baffles to disperse the hot spot in the middle where the smoke enters the cooking chamber. Other than that it's the best I've ever owned, which ain't saying much really...

I'm smoking with split post oak from south Texas almost exclusively due to it's availability to me, although I usually grill with lump charcoal.

Great site you guys have here, I've already learned a lot, and I'm looking forward to filling my head with knowledge and my belly with meat!

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky