Howdy! This is a great site.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bcking00

Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Howdy all,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brian and I live in Austin, Texas. I am new to smoking and hope to use this site as a crutch in my learning process. I am not a true Texan so I was never raised around good BBQ. I look forward to exploring this site more.

Sincerely,
Brian

Welcome aboard Brian.

I'm sure you'll find out all you need to know to be up and smoking in no time.

Don't worry you don't have to be a native Texan to run a smoker. The Texans just copied the Mexicans who copied the cajuns.:>)

Now that you ARE in Texas 8) ... you're surrounded by BBQ contests just about every weekend, good authenic BBQ joints (to the south), and bunches of folks that own their own rigs (every other block
wink.gif
).

And now that you've found this forum and good number of folks who are willing to help you, you should be able to produce some good BBQ of your own in no time. :D

Welcome to the Smoking Meat Forum Brian. This is the place to learn the fine art of smoking foods. Hang with us for a while and learn all we have to offer and your neighbors will think you're Texas born and raised. Check out tulsjeffs Smoking Basics Course-it will get you started off right.

Welcome Brian, and welcome to the SMF. Don't worry the Texans make good que, so do the cajuns and the mexicans--but us here in Missouri(you know the Show-ME State) just set back and let them pave the way, but now everyone tuns to us for Advice. Strange isn't it???

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky