Howdy From Texas!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bapilot2

Original poster
May 11, 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
New member here...

I'm Andrew. I'm from Fort Worth, Texas. I've been smoking meats for about 5 years. I'm interested in constructing a brick backyard smoker and I struck upon this forum while looking for info and plans for one.

I am by no means an expert at the art of smoking but I do make awesome whole smoked turkeys and I'm good with ribs and briskest.

I hope to gain info, insight, tips, and secrets from those of you who are master smokers while cruising and perusing this forum.

Thanks,
Andrew

Welcome Andrew!  Glad you found SMF.  I'm sure there are folks here who can give you a hand and a myriad of ideas for your brick smoker.

Since you've been smoking meat for 5 years I promise you are closer to an expert than you believe.  Awesome smoked turkeys, ribs, and brisket are quite a resume!  Folks are happy to share what they've done so and please contribute your experience when folks ask how to smoke a turkey, rib, or brisket.

Happy Mother's Day and enjoy your project.

Ray

Hey Andrew, welcome to the site. There are some brick builds on here. I followed one that was very good step by step and turned out beautiful .

Gary S

Gentlemen,

Thanks for putting out the welcome mat. I look forward to becoming an active member here. I'll post up a few pics of my wares the next time I fire up and I'll give a few details on the preparations I do before putting the fat in the fire. Hopefully the end product will look as appetizing as a lot of the photos posted herein.

Gary, which build did you follow? Can you shoot me a link to it?

Thanks,
Andrew

Hey Andrew, I guess I said it wrong, I just followed the build, I didn't build a brick smoker. We did build a RF.  I'll try to find the link and post it for you.

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky