Howdy From Tennessee!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Platinum324

Original poster
Jul 22, 2020
Hey all!
35/f from middle Tennessee, here! Finally upgraded from a cheap $15 charcoal grill to a pellet smoker! I didn't do so hot on the brisket, it was wayyyyyy too tough. Had much better luck with beer-butt chicken, baby backs, and burgers, and tonight I'm trying out pork shoulder, cooked it to the recommended 201F and well it's...pork...not so much 'pulled.' Not the stringy deliciousness I'm used to seeing at BBQ places, anyway.

Either way, that's neither here nor there, I have tons of time to practice and get better. Anyway, super excited to have found this forum! Hope to learn lots and see lots of photos of foods to drool over.

Attachments

• torn.jpg
    torn.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 22
  • whole.jpg
    whole.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 22
Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! You have to cook those meats until they're probe tender, I'm sure Jake will get you all straightened out. RAY

Reactions: Platinum324
Looks chopped, under cooked, if you married my x wife thanks lmao

They don't call us the Volunteer state for nothing lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky