• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Howdy, from San Antonio! New to smoking, and ready to try out chicken wings.

danigirl

Joined Sep 9, 2016
Howdy y'all,

Im from San Antonio, born and raised. I'm an Aggie whose ready for some football and good smoking. I am 100% new to smoking. I recently was gifted an MES smoker. I finished pre-seasoning it and hope to have some wings on it for dinner. I've read through a lot of threads and hope all works out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks and Gig 'em

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011
Dani, welcome to SMF. There is a ton of info available here along with a many dedicated "smokers". If you have any questions just post it out there and i guarantee someone will chime in with answers or opinions. I am right up the road from ya in New Braunfels and we have several other members who are in SA as well. look forward to seeing your posts and as they say here on SMF<  a Full Smoker is a Happy Smoker.

HT

danigirl

Joined Sep 9, 2016
HT,

Thanks for the reply! I've done a lot of research and read through a lot of different threads. Everyone seems to have different opinions but I think I got the general idea for chicken wings. I'll be posting pictures later tonight and I hope everything works out. So far I'm loving it and it smells amazing.

Thanks and Gig 'em
Dani

joe black

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2015
Welcome from SC, Dani. It's good to have you on this great site.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Hi Dani!

to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

The wings look fantastic!

Al

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Those wings look great,I suggest using multiple rubs every cook to find your favorites for different meats. You can do the same thing when wrapping other meats in the future.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.