how you gonna spend it

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will get tossed in the bank account like all the others.

Chris

BIG?
I'll double up on my current ammo inventory.
It'll be about the same as the truck.... Not joking.

Boy, do I understand that! I’ve thought about selling some inventory and make big dent in a new truck.

We are blessed with great income and will not receive the check. But after I retire later this year that situation will change. God is good!

A few months ago I decided to sell my old welders, engine driven welder/generator and some very heavy duty tools I haven't had a need for since we "retired" four years ago, sold our farm in New York and downsized to our North Carolina place. And I thinned the herd of some very nice "safe queen" guns.

All this was with an eye to buying, for the first time in my life, all new and, what for me is fairly high end welding gear.

A big, shiny Miller multiprocess welder arrived 5-6 weeks ago but it's lonely......

So, this and some of the of the other cash from the tools and guns is looking a lot like a Miller Spectrum 625 Extreme or Hypertherm Powermax45 XP plasma cutter.

Which along with the 2-2/3 sheets of 4x8' hot rolled 1/4" steel and the flattened expanded metal on the cart in the basement means that some stick burning smokers are in the near future.....and the five propane tanks sitting in the edge of our woods are afraid....they are very afraid......

Best regards to all,

I wish that I could just find some ammo for sale....
What? There's plenty of ammo for sale online.
I've even found a few favorites at prices not too far off what they were in late 2019,
e.g. .308 168gr SMK FGMM, which I use a lot of.
Heck, I even found some 9mm 115gr FMJ Blazer Brass under $1.per rd, but I'm not buying it unless it's under .30per rd.
Plenty of ammo if you've stupid amounts of money to spend.

I wish that I could just find some ammo for sale....

If you have an Academy Sports nearby and some time go early in the mornings and see what you can find. My closest one is getting ammo a lot and they haven't jacked up prices. The problem is getting there before the morons that are buying it to resell it clean it all out. They have a 3 box limit at my closest one but last time wife was with me and we got 9, 40, 45 in fmj and hp and they had 22, 380, 357 there as well but I'm sure it all sold out by or shortly after noon like it normally does.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
It will go to local merchants and food bank for me.
That's a great way to use it if you don't need it for yourself . The store I buy my groceries at has a card with 3 bar codes on it . 5 , 10 and 20 dollar amount . I scan the $10.00 one when I shop . Feeds a family of 4 . The store puts the meal together and it goes to local food pantry for pick up by someone in need .

Buy myself a premium air rifle and optic?

I got a RWS 350 mag a couple years back and love the thing, accurate as a Beeman for a few bucks less John. Springers only for me, they never run out of gas. RAY
DSCN0582.JPG

That must be one heck of a savings account, the best I can get is .1% and to get .5% on a CD.... I bet the term is 5 years or more.
My money market account is getting .45%, was 1% a year ago. Regular savings is .1%. I have a CD that matures at the end of March that's getting 2%, renewal rate will be .7%. Sucks, but I'll probably just save the "stimulus" check for the day when that debt has to be repaid, if I live that long.

On a another note, my "stimulus" check was deposited into my checking account yesterday.....

Ours are .85% for 5 years.
Bear
My money market account is getting .45%, was 1% a year ago. Regular savings is .1%. I have a CD that matures at the end of March that's getting 2%, renewal rate will be .7%. Sucks, but I'll probably just save the "stimulus" check for the day when that debt has to be repaid, if I live that long.
On a another note, my "stimulus" check was deposited into my checking account yesterday.....

I never bought in to the advice of having a certain percentage of bonds in my portfolio as insurance against losses on stocks. So I buy CD ladders since a CD is kind of like a bond, and they are guaranteed. I just looked and I have some at 2.95% with 4 years to maturing but one that rolled over last month has a .65% rate.

Send it back, or give it to someone you think needs it.
You don't have to accept Social Security either.
Send it back.

Bear
There will be no social security left here real soon. If they would have only allowed good old Bush to do away with it years ago we could be so much better off. Why do we need government retirement plan or undeserved handouts. It all will have to be paid back by someone or eventually we will become China. Very disappointing for those who have fought and died for what was a great country.

There will be no social security left here real soon. If they would have only allowed good old Bush to do away with it years ago we could be so much better off. Why do we need government retirement plan or undeserved handouts. It all will have to be paid back by someone or eventually we will become China. Very disappointing for those who have fought and died for what was a great country.

And which war were you in?
Millions have only their SS to keep them alive.
I'm not getting into a political argument with you on a Meat Smoking Site.

Send it back, or give it to someone you think needs it.
You don't have to accept Social Security either.
Send it back.

Bear
well Social Security is something most people that worked paid in to so it inst a hand out. But having read a lot of posts throughout the year I’m sure there are plenty of free loaders out there getting a scam on the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky