How to use the new forum.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
None premier member here, but I started getting the "Ah Snap" error page showing up. I never got this error before. I know it's not on my side as I can visit other forums without issue.

Chris

Chris,

If you are using an ad-blocker, you will need to disable it for SmokingMeatForums.com.

If it's already disabled for this website then simply enable it then disable it for this website and that should get it to working properly again.

We have had a few people having this issue, and this seems to work most of the time. Let me know if you need further help with this.

Any Premier Members who are still seeing ads, either occasionally or all the time, this is a caching issue that typically goes away on it's own but the time varies depending on your browser, operating system, etc.

If you log in as incognito, you will probably notice that the ads are not showing up for you at all.

I just logged in as a Premier Member and I am not seeing any ads so far but I was seeing them for a few days.

You can also try logging out of the forum then logging back in to see if that helps.

Tried the logging out and back in..Still popping up..mine look just like TNJAKE TNJAKE .
Screenshot_20211129-164104_Chrome.jpg

So I know some people picked up the forum easy and others have struggled.

I will work on doing a how to for stuff.

Heres my question for you guys. What do you need help doing?

Thanks.
I seem to have a problem with finding/doing things on here that most do not. Some are simple, like finding things I have bookmarked, or how to post a picture--see what I mean!?? Is there a FAQ or similar to go to? HELP, SEARCH , Terms and rules, haven't 'helped'.
I have asked this same question twice this week via 'Contact us' and have yet to received a reply--clearly I didn't go to the proper source. Could it be that my deodorant failed or that I have been branded by the FBI as a terrorist parent or racist? I do plead guilty to wanting to learn more about all things smoking/BBQ related!! I'm pretty sure my being dumb is not transmittable--maybe I should mask up? This is a feeble attempt at lightheartedness to forego anyone's thought of my being critical of the best forum I use! Guess I'm just dumb but harmless

Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

I seem to have a problem with finding/doing things on here that most do not. Some are simple, like finding things I have bookmarked, or how to post a picture--see what I mean!?? Is there a FAQ or similar to go to? HELP, SEARCH , Terms and rules, haven't 'helped'.
I have asked this same question twice this week via 'Contact us' and have yet to received a reply--clearly I didn't go to the proper source. Could it be that my deodorant failed or that I have been branded by the FBI as a terrorist parent or racist? I do plead guilty to wanting to learn more about all things smoking/BBQ related!! I'm pretty sure my being dumb is not transmittable--maybe I should mask up? This is a feeble attempt at lightheartedness to forego anyone's thought of my being critical of the best forum I use! Guess I'm just dumb but harmless

Thanks.
[/QUOTE]
Well Denny, I can try to help you out! To find bookmarked items scroll to the top of the screen and click on gear icon way to the right...should bring a pop up that allows you to click on bookmarks.
As for pictures, at top of chat box there is a bunch of icons, just to the left of smiley face is a portrait, mouse over it and it should say insert image, click on that.

I hope this helps! If not start a new thread of your own asking any questions you need help with. There are definitely people better at helping with these issues that know better than me.

Ryan

Denny ,
Ryan ( Brokenhandle Brokenhandle ) fixed you up on a couple , I will put my 1 cent ( can't afford 2 cents ) in also for posting pictures
when you are posting or answering a post by others you will see in the bottom of the page where you are writing you comment on the left you will see a Yellow box with a paper clip and says Attach file. This will take you to your on computer files and than you can brows through you pictures and or what ever. Click on the picture you want , than click OPEN, thats what it says o my computer.

But like Ryan said the best way to get more smarter people than I, is to POST a new POST asking the questions. You will get more answers

Here is what I mean ,
DSC_3931.JPG

Denny I hope I helped a little also

David

Well Denny, I can try to help you out! To find bookmarked items scroll to the top of the screen and click on gear icon way to the right...should bring a pop up that allows you to click on bookmarks.
As for pictures, at top of chat box there is a bunch of icons, just to the left of smiley face is a portrait, mouse over it and it should say insert image, click on that.

I hope this helps! If not start a new thread of your own asking any questions you need help with. There are definitely people better at helping with these issues that know better than me.

Ryan
[/QUOTE]
Hey Ryan, thanks! OK, I'm good on bookmarks--I've looked at settings so many times and just missed 'bookmarks'! "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". But I've struck out on pictures. On my screen there are Home, Forums, What's New, and Chat with a little down arrow. Clicking on Chat leads me to Home-Browse Rooms; clicking on the down arrow gets Top Chatters, neither of which seems right. No icons, smiley or insert image. Maybe I'm starting from the wrong page-----? I tend to be literally minded and probably not very intuitive. I'd start a new post but I've already hooked you! Sorry to be so dense.
PS-I'm still working on how quotes work!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
For quotes click the "Quote" in the post you want to quote then drop down to where you type a reply and click on "Insert Quotes" and it will add it for you

Reactions: denny
Denny ,
Ryan ( Brokenhandle Brokenhandle ) fixed you up on a couple , I will put my 1 cent ( can't afford 2 cents ) in also for posting pictures
when you are posting or answering a post by others you will see in the bottom of the page where you are writing you comment on the left you will see a Yellow box with a paper clip and says Attach file. This will take you to your on computer files and than you can brows through you pictures and or what ever. Click on the picture you want , than click OPEN, thats what it says o my computer.

But like Ryan said the best way to get more smarter people than I, is to POST a new POST asking the questions. You will get more answers

Here is what I mean ,
View attachment 522976

Denny I hope I helped a little also

David
Greetings DRK! Thanks for trying to advance my education--you'll need a Special Needs Teacher certification! Your comment is so clear that even I will be able to follow. BTW your handle seem very familiar. I'm pretty sure you have helped me previously on another forum when I was having trouble with a MYPIN PID controller for my MES. Might have been an Auber SMD-200A but you sure got me on the right track and I haven't forgotten. I've bookmarked both your and Ryan's reply and note how to get similar help in the future. What a relief!
Denny

Reactions: DRKsmoking
When you scroll down to where you type in a reply look in the shaded area above where you type and you will see a rectangular box (it's between the chain link anbd the smiley face click on it
Well, you sure are Johnny on the spot because I think I just screwed it up again! In the future I'll watch for " it's between the chain link anbd the smiley face click on it " I really appreciate your taking the time to help me.
Denny
For quotes click the "Quote" in the post you want to quote then drop down to where you type a reply and click on "Insert Quotes" and it will add it for you

Denny you will probably find that clicking on the "ATTACH FILES" box that's in the yellow box below where you type is going to be the easiest way to do pictures.

Greetings DRK! Thanks for trying to advance my education--you'll need a Special Needs Teacher certification! Your comment is so clear that even I will be able to follow. BTW your handle seem very familiar. I'm pretty sure you have helped me previously on another forum when I was having trouble with a MYPIN PID controller for my MES. Might have been an Auber SMD-200A but you sure got me on the right track and I haven't forgotten. I've bookmarked both your and Ryan's reply and note how to get similar help in the future. What a relief!
Denny

Glad this worked for you Denny

David

Denny you will probably find that clicking on the "ATTACH FILES" box that's in the yellow box below where you type is going to be the easiest way to do pictures.
I'll certainly keep it in mind, and thanks again.

denny denny , this picture was added from the Attach Files ( paperclip ) bottom of post and then to my own personnel photos. Can either post as a Thumbnail as this 20211111_120458.jpg or full photo
20211111_120458.jpg

Hope it helps !

I'll certainly keep it in mind, and thanks again.
denny denny , this picture was added from the Attach Files ( paperclip ) bottom of post and then to my own personnel photos. Can either post as a Thumbnail as this View attachment 523088 or full photoView attachment 523088
Hope it helps !
That's really cool structure , but it has to be haunted .
It does look kinda creepy.
An excellent evocative photo that begs supernatural labels. Think "Addams Family" or Poe's "The Raven"! However, I'm sure the reality is that I'll be able to do 'pictures' because you have all been so helpful. Thanks so much to a great group.
Denny

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky